+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Happy New Year to all the Maggies in the world

Happy and Prosperous New Year to all

A Happy New Year to Notts fans everywhere.

Happy new year everyone- in bed early in Hervey Bay queensland.

Quote Originally Posted by forwardmagpie View Post
    Remember it well - what a team, the only player I can’t visualise is Eddie Cliff.
    Eddie Cliff looked like he should have been playing guitar in a band like Flintlock or Kenny. Of his 5 apps, only 1 was at Meadow Lane (thrashed by Sheff Wed) so wouldn't be surprised if practically nobody remembers him, though he did play in the 0-0 over the river.
    Cliff arrived the same summer as McVay, Probert and Collier, the last of those three making fewer apps than Cliff, though he also played against Fword.

Here's Eddie Cliff in action in the USA. Some might recognise the other fella.......

And before he joined Notts with Burnley. He had very long hair at Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Here's Eddie Cliff in action in the USA. Some might recognise the other fella.......

And before he joined Notts with Burnley. He had very long hair at Notts.

Thanks UTM, that’s probably why I don’t remember him.

Happy New Year to all Notts fans at home and abroad. 2023 really was a special year for our club. The club is in an excellent position at the start of 2024. We already have 42 points on the board which based on FGR and Suttons PPG would see us more than safe in league two next season as they are only on 16 and 17 points so really are looking doomed. It's always the first target get to 50 points as early as possible, and if we can get to this point by the time we have played Mansfield then we will be in an excellent position to push on.

To 1959 I can only echo what other fans have said. Try to find joy in each moment and present day and that applies no matter how young or old we are, and whether we are in good health or not so good health.

Lets hope Notts can provide joy for all fans starting today on The Wirral.

Sorry to read of your worrying prognosis '59. Just to say that a dozen years ago I collapsed with a triple A and the surgeon told my wife that he was operating with only a 5% expectation that I would live. But I did. Before I left Hull hospital, she asked him how long he thought I would live. His words: 'With a fair wind, six years'. That was 2012!
    Three things:
    1. Be positive
    2. Exercise regularly (I cycle and do 15 mins yoga)
    3, Eat sensibly - cut back on alcohol and red and processed meat.
    Best wishes, 1959, but I reserve the right to fight my corner in an argument

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123