+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fabio Jalo

Fabio Jalo

Signing a new contract according to this source although I can't verify that as a fact of course .

Good news if true , not in a loyalty way but more of a chance of a cashing in way should Jalo develop further .

https://x.com/FabrizioRomano/status/...841336575?s=20

Reliable source I’m told Animal I was about to post it.

It's positive news Chaps, IMO.

There are several news outlets now reporting this including the Portugese media so there is a chance that this could well be correct , Hassle did seem quietly confident in a press statement the other day so hopefully he has done the business & we get the window off to a positive start .

Well Jalo isn't a generational talent in the same way John Stones was and I do take the point that's a very high bar .

John Stones came in to the side at 18 years old and took to championship football like a duck to water , never put a foot wrong and oozed class .

Jalo has potential there's no doubt about that but that's all it is and he isn't the first young kid with potential or will be the last to not ever get any better than what we see right now .

In all honesty I think I would have had to give some serious thought to that million pound bid we had from the Italian club but with some very good add on's attached like we did with Stones when he went to Everton .

That million quid could easily become money for old rope and I take the point that's with the benefit of hindsight of course but at the same time the £1.9m we got for Stones became £8m .

The two similar young lads with huge potential that spring to mind are Paul Digby and Ruben Lazarus Noble and we know how that worked out and we got nowt for either of them .

It's not an easy thing to navigate and I wouldn't bash the club which ever way they play it but a million quid for a kid plus add on's whose never scored a league goal yet ???

I don't know and I think I'd have been tempted personally given our lack of financial clout in the transfer market at the moment .

Fabio's present contract runs until the summer of 2025.

How long is the contract extension for ?

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Fabio's present contract runs until the summer of 2025.

How long is the contract extension for ?
    It doesn't say in the link SB so I couldn't say .

If I was speculating I'd probably say another two years which would take him to or past his 21st birthday .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    It doesn't say in the link SB so I couldn't say .

If I was speculating I'd probably say another two years which would take him to or past his 21st birthday .
    Cheers Animal, I couldn't find anything definite either.

If we languish in the Third Division for six years like the Blades did he will need a release clause in any new contract.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Cheers Animal, I couldn't find anything definite either.

If we languish in the Third Division for six years like the Blades did he will need a release clause in any new contract.
    Well that's a good point SB , signing a new deal is one thing but who is to say that doesn't contain a clause stating he can leave if a valuation is met , let's say £3m for arguments sake with no other add on's attached .

That's what happened when Adam Hammill went to Wolves for £500k and Vaz Te to West Ham I believe .

We might have turned down the best deal we'll ever have with young Jalo .

Time will tell of course .

Its a gamble which ever way the club play it but any contract extension strengthens the hand of both the player and the club regarding any deal with a potential suitor & even if his deal is for 5 years ( only an example ) there is still no reason they cannot sell this january if they want , the only thing it does is help push the price up for the club & the deal for the lad himself , if he is financially sound with our deal then the buying club will have to offer him a better package , for me signing a deal is sound sense for both us and him , what is not smart is letting him run down his current deal & rely on a pittance from a tribunal .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast