+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fabio Jalo

Doug O’Kane.
    2024 will start with some good news for #barnsleyfc.
    Understand the club are set to announce a new long-term deal for **** star Fabio Jalo.
    He is currently contracted until 2025 but the new deal will add at least two years onto that.
    Should be made official soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    Its a gamble which ever way the club play it but any contract extension strengthens the hand of both the player and the club regarding any deal with a potential suitor & even if his deal is for 5 years ( only an example ) there is still no reason they cannot sell this january if they want , the only thing it does is help push the price up for the club & the deal for the lad himself , if he is financially sound with our deal then the buying club will have to offer him a better package , for me signing a deal is sound sense for both us and him , what is not smart is letting him run down his current deal & rely on a pittance from a tribunal .
    Makes great sense that Shads. From both sides. Both player and club gets their goal.
    Not us.

I'm not sure about the detail of the rules but isn't there only a professional development amount payable to recognise the work done by a club with a young player up to a certain age ?

I think a compensation fee is payable with players up to the age of 24 at the end of a contract.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 01-01-2024 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    I'm not sure about the detail of the rules but isn't there only a professional development amount payable to recognise the work done by a club with a young player up to a certain age ?

I think a compensation fee is payable with players up to the age of 24 at the end of a contract.
    There is but as I understand this payment structure was engineered to the benefit of top teams where they did not end up going to a tribunal to agree a fee & now have a structure where the club who have developed the player receive a fee but it is only a relatively small amount in football terms .

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    There is but as I understand this payment structure was engineered to the benefit of top teams where they did not end up going to a tribunal to agree a fee & now have a structure where the club who have developed the player receive a fee but it is only a relatively small amount in football terms .
    I believe that's correct Shadrack. I'm sure Pat Cryne brought it to light in a fans forum in the old No 7 a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post

fabio is on professional contract

On the club's website .

FÁBIO JALÓ EXTENDS DEAL WITH THE REDS - News - Barnsley Football Club https://www.barnsleyfc.co.uk/news/20...-extends-stay/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12