+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fermer's Game

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Sitting here at 8am thinking game must be off; what has Nelmsy done to our ground?
    Still hope the game is on but that has been another night of horrendous rain. We all know the pitch is not up to scratch but the weather gods certainly haven't been doing us any favours the number of times the worst of the weather uncannily seems to occur in the immediate run up to a home game.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodbroon View Post
    Still hope the game is on but that has been another night of horrendous rain. We all know the pitch is not up to scratch but the weather gods certainly haven't been doing us any favours the number of times the worst of the weather uncannily seems to occur in the immediate run up to a home game.
    There's always hope. Rain has eased a bit now (9.40am) and forecast is saying no more until 7.00pm so fingers crossed. Can do with getting this game on and getting the three points before the pointless 'winter break'.

11 am pitch inspection.

If they had "no doubt" and it went off, dosent look good when there is a doubt.

Fingers crossed.

Hopefully I don't have to go into meltdown mode.

It'll be off, I feel it in my lumbago ridden skeleton

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    It'll be off, I feel it in my lumbago ridden skeleton
    11am inspection for a local game......either belt and braces......or no chance.

Away to take my pills.

Just drove around Dundee in past hour. Roads and ‘green’ areas all worse than at the last call off so I’m not very optimistic. Rain off and sky clearing but it takes many hours for a pitch, even pitches better than ours, to dry out. We really must have pissed off the weather gods to get this continual night of rain before home games.

Just drove around Dundee in past hour. Roads and ‘green’ areas all worse than at the last call off so I’m not very optimistic. Rain off and sky clearing but it takes many hours for a pitch, even pitches better than ours, to dry out. We really must have pissed off the weather gods to get this continual night of rain before home games.
    Lucky for the rest of Scotland that it's been bone dry all winter.

Lack of care

It's not just Dundee that's been getting that rain. Negligence by senior management has changed a once excellent pitch into a swamp.

Game Off! Again

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Lucky for the rest of Scotland that it's been bone dry all winter.

Lack of care
    Agree lack of care and extenuating circumstances. All of Scotland have had above average rainfall since October (and before) but the West Coast and Isles only a very little above average, the Central Belt more but still not enormously above average. The East Coast, however, have had markedly more rain than normal a very significant increase more than other areas of Scotland due to the rain coming from the East which is not unheard of but unusual compared to the prevailing direction of our weather in these parts usually from the West. AND Dundee and Angus have received significantly more rain in proportion and against historical records than even the much harder hit than normal East Coast. Now some will say Arbroath will manage to have its game on today but comparisons between their sand based pitch and our, albeit under performing pitch, doesnt hold water (unlike Dens). To repeat lack of care definitely but other circumstances have contributed.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)