+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Official January Window Including Speculation And Rumour Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    It might be us what have made the moves to try & lure him here although I assume it will be the usual and an agent using us to stimulate interest from other clubs, there is no better way of generating interest than putting himself in the shop window & I have a feeling that a smart agent might be using us to set the wheels in motion with virtually zero chances of him rocking up at Grove st but in fairness to the club " if you don"t ask you don"t get " .
    He’s flown back to the USA while negotiations are on going.

So then - who is negotiating from the Barnsley end ???
    We ain’t got a CEO.
    And we’ve yet to appoint a DoF.

As far as I know we haven’t got anyone currently at the club that has an in-depth knowledge of players contracts and players requirements.

From the outside looking in there looks to be an absence of this type of football knowledge within the club - someone with the persuasive power to attract players - especially foreign players.

Could a previous ex young CEO be involved with this one ?

I had heard but cant vouch for it that Hassell was interim DoF. So it might be him that is negotiating on behalf of BFC, possibly with the assistance of James Cryne and possibly Robert Zuk, our finance man.

In reality, who knows, what a mess of the preparation for a transfer window. Amateurish anyone??

Unless it’s Jon Flatman.
    Who I have met briefly and who seems a likeable sort.
    But does anyone know the extent of his knowledge when dealing with footballers ?
    Cos as far as I can gather he’s not got a footballing background.

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    He’s flown back to the USA while negotiations are on going.

So then - who is negotiating from the Barnsley end ???
    We ain’t got a CEO.
    And we’ve yet to appoint a DoF.

As far as I know we haven’t got anyone currently at the club that has an in-depth knowledge of players contracts and players requirements.

From the outside looking in there looks to be an absence of this type of football knowledge within the club - someone with the persuasive power to attract players - especially foreign players.
    This what I was saying about our new owners being out of their depth running a football club, we have allowed a CEO to leave half way through his notice period & have no permanent DOF as we approach the transfer window & we have several of our main players out of contract in the summer , this is a key time for contracts & transfer business , we truly are a shambles , are you beginning to see what many of us have seen for a long time, has the penny finally dropped Nudger ?

This what I was saying about our new owners being out of their depth running a football club, we have allowed a CEO to leave half way through his notice period & have no permanent DOF as we approach the transfer window & we have several of our main players out of contract in the summer , this is a key time for contracts & transfer business , we truly are a shambles , are you beginning to see what many of us have seen for a long time, has the penny finally dropped Nudger ?
    No im not - far from it.
    And that’s because I have experienced the value of time and patience when it comes to business dealings.

If the owners believed that they were fully competent at football related issues do you think they would then be looking to recruit a better CEO and a new position of DoF ???
    They know exactly where they are in relation to footballing knowledge - they realise full well there are glaring gaps - hence their need to recruit people with that knowledge and know how.

These owners have a blueprint for success.
    We saw the start of this with the foundations that had previously been laid - only for those initial foundations to be kicked over by Conway.

Nothing has been built on the field yet as the present owners are in the process of building new foundations.
    They are half way through their first season into doing that.

With the comments levelled at them on here - it’s going to be a bit galling now to read any glowing comments about players these owners have signed during this window.

Starting with Fabio’s new contract.

No im not - far from it.
    And that’s because I have experienced the value of time and patience when it comes to business dealings.

If the owners believed that they were fully competent at football related issues do you think they would then be looking to recruit a better CEO and a new position of DoF ???
    They know exactly where they are in relation to footballing knowledge - they realise full well there are glaring gaps - hence their need to recruit people with that knowledge and know how.

We saw the start of this with the foundations that had previously been laid - only for those initial foundations to be kicked over by Conway.

Nothing has been built on the field yet as the present owners are in the process of building new foundations.

With the comments levelled at them on here - it’s going to be a bit galling now to read any glowing comments about players these owners have signed during this window.

The proof of the pudding is always in the eating and like yourself I've all the time in the world to sit back , stake stock and judge when I see fit on this board .

I'm not going anywhere either .

No im not - far from it.

Sorry Nudger you cannot write off last season or the last close season because it suits your agenda , they have been running it collectively for 18 months plus the Crynes were here long before .

It might be us what have made the moves to try & lure him here although I assume it will be the usual and an agent using us to stimulate interest from other clubs, there is no better way of generating interest than putting himself in the shop window & I have a feeling that a smart agent might be using us to set the wheels in motion with virtually zero chances of him rocking up at Grove st but in fairness to the club " if you don"t ask you don"t get " .
    He could end up a Lonesome Pine if his agent isn't acting in Don's best interests !!

Yorkshire Post Stuart Rayner
    Published 3rd Jan 2024, 15:56 GMT

Leam Richardson will be looking to Rotherham United’s treatment room as well as the transfer market to flesh out his thin squad, but Jamie McCart will not be returning from Barnsley to help in their problem position.

Meanwhile McCart has added 21 Barnsley appearances to three for Rotherham in August before his loan to the League One club.
    "Both parties have to agree to end the loan and Barnsley want to keep him, so he'll stay at Barnsley for the foreseeable,” confirmed Millers manager Richardson.

"Once the decision was taken out of my hands you quickly move on and be positive about what you can affect. We'll do that.

Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast