+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Dexter Lembikisa

MT made a lot of mistakes, afterall he is only human. I think we should keep the lad and I would think the club have spoken to Wolves and discussed what is expected of the loan from the Wolves perspective and what Rotherhams assessment of him is at this stage. These loans are run and managed in a professional manner, these are expensive assets and what will drive a shortening of the loan will be whether his parent club and us think his development is going well or not, also the lad will have a say if he is unhappy or not. The idea that a young premier league player who is a regular international and sort after by other championship clubs is not an asset to Rotherham United is insane, bringing back Kioso and having competition for places as well as the experience of peltier to help and support him, will only make him a better player.

Dexter is 19 year old learning his trade, we took a punt that he is ready for championship football, its obvious now he isn't.
    These young lads are often a gamble unless they have been on loan before at the same level, the lad has some talent, but he needs to work a lot on his defending.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    Thanks Brin. I was speaking to someone I know last week who is very close to the club and he was saying that the general opinion of MT is that he will ultimately make a very good manager! Strange I know,but there you have it!
    Hardest job in football , ours at this level . That why most managers didn’t want the job when it’s been on offer in the past . At least he had the bottle to have go . Same with Leam Richardson he gets all my support now because he wants to be here and not scared of the job ahead .

MT could talk the talk couldn't walk it. Was on a par with Stubbs but at least he got us Vaulks.

Yes let's come back in 18 months and see where Taylor is

And if you think I'm wrong, I suggest you watch the Sheffield Wednesday and Watford games again

Dexter was fit and gave 100% every game same can’t be said for some others we have.
    He was let down by the midfield at times no cover.
    I’m not saying he is what we need but millers fans love a scapegoat.

John Swift apparently was rubbish when he was here and he’s done ok.
    Some of the comments on social media towards him are embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Dexter was fit and gave 100% every game same can’t be said for some others we have.
    He was let down by the midfield at times no cover.
    I’m not saying he is what we need but millers fans love a scapegoat.

John Swift apparently was rubbish when he was here and he’s done ok.
    Some of the comments on social media towards him are embarrassing.

^^^^^This^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerish View Post
    And if you think I'm wrong, I suggest you watch the Sheffield Wednesday and Watford games again
    I get your point Tiger........they were truly awful performances.I just think that all MT's gambles and other unforeseen problems started to implode on him as time went on.Had some of those paid off,we might have found ourselves in a totally different situation such is the fine line of any clubs' season,never mind ourselves at this level whose line is microscopically thin! Having said that,LR seems to have steadied the ship a little on equally meagre resources and we hope that continues.He has 2 transfer windows between now and August and I fully expect him to build a squad ready to compete at the top end of League 1 next season.As for MT,I agree,lets see where he is in 18 months.

he has been called back by Wolves and is going out to another Championship club that is perceived as a better option than us, in my view this is a huge blow and shows how difficult it will be to get players this window and without reinforcements our chances of making any attempt to stay up is over. we are massively short on players and it is very likely that we will be on the 1st feb as well. Good luck to the lad and thanks for his efforts.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast