+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fast losing

Fast losing

Faith in football,i put the bindippers on for last 10 mins and first thing I see is a player going down in the area when it would have been easier to put the ball in the Net.. Couldn't believe it when the ref and VAR gave it.. the goalie never touched him and the player carried on for two yards before deciding to dive on the floor instead of putting the ball in the Net.. what a phookin joke it's becoming..

Another joke decision Alfie, given by England's No 1 referee and confirmed by VAR. I had been watching the game but lost interest and switched it off after that. It's way beyond a joke now, PL football is becoming unwatchable. Even Gary Neville wasn't having it.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Another joke decision Alfie, given by England's No 1 referee and confirmed by VAR. I had been watching the game but lost interest and switched it off after that. It's way beyond a joke now, PL football is becoming unwatchable. Even Gary Neville wasn't having it.
    Oh yes! The VAR official was none other than Stuart Attwell who also thinks that no real contact warrants the award of a penalty!
    Thank good ness for Ashington AFC and honest football!
    Derby v Peterborough and The Owls agains the Tigers were decent without outside interference.
    Last edited by Supersub6; 01-01-2024 at 10:39 PM.

And we thought we were robbed at Villa. The only sensible response from Taylor would have been to stand there with a grin on his face and say, 'You want a pen for that, you're having a giraffe mate, get on with the game or I'll book you for simulation'. Although of course he should have booked him for simulation anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    ... and The Owls against the Tigers were decent, without outside interference.
    The problem I have with that Sub, is the fact that the Fowl pigs are there (in the Championship) in the first place.
    We were shafted in that Wembley final against them last season, because of incompetent Var officials. 😫
    Like Alf says, its enough to ruin your enjoyment as a fan, and it could end up putting us off football forever!.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    The problem I have with that Sub, is the fact that the Fowl pigs are there (in the Championship) in the first place.
    We were shafted in that Wembley final against them last season, because of incompetent Var officials. ��
    Like Alf says, its enough to ruin your enjoyment as a fan, and it could end up putting us off football forever!.
    Acido, for well over one hundred years this simple game was officiated at League level by three onfield officials and, in spite of players, managers and fans having a moan about the odd decision, the game survived because it was accepted that the referee's decision was final.
    At the top level and wherever else those RUINING the game can introduce digital technology the game is being officiated by a committee and is far worse because of it.
    Get rid of VAR, therefore, get rid of the operatives and also get rid of the fourth official who just seems to be someone at who managers, coaches. subs etc. can vent their spleen. The number of people on the sideline getting cards is ridiculous and I think that, without the 4th official being there, would not happen anywhere near as much as it does.

How on earth could Taylor give the Jota penalty?

Week after week we keep on seeing these ridiculous VAR/referee collusions but it always seems to be in favour of the so-called BIG teams.

Atwell, Hooper and Taylor should be nowhere near the EPL.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

Week after week we keep on seeing these ridiculous VAR/referee collusions but it always seems to be in favour of the so-called BIG teams.

Atwell, Hooper and Taylor should be nowhere near the EPL.
    Sorry BT, it is VAR that should be nowhere near any football league.
    These officials have worked their way up through the football ranks to be able to officiate at the top level, however, on their way up to their current level, they have been refereeing to Laws of the Game which stood the test of time in the main, until the introduction of VAR. Since then, Laws have been manipulated and changed to accommodate VAR and the game is far worse because of it.

I know several good referees, performing at FL level, who really love the game and who have other jobs. They have no desire to obtain promotion to the top level because they will no longer be in charge.

Who will be the first ref when called by VAR to review his decision will stick to his original decision? That VAR video showed no contact so why the change?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    This is what puzzles me, just what goes through a referee's head when they are making these ludicrous decisions ? You'd think the question for the ref would be, was there enough contact to cause the attacker to end up on the floor, if there wasn't, and it was the attacker who chose to fall down, then play on, no penalty. But it doesn't happen like that, the process seems to be, 'Was there contact, even if only minimal' ? Possibly. 'Did the player end up on the deck, even though he could have stayed on his feet had he wanted to' ? Yes. Therefore Penalty.

The saddest aspect for me is that the referees are condoning the cheating, and thus encouraging the players to cheat. And while the officials are on the side of the cheats, the game is fecked.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)