+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dispelling the myth of last summers transfers

“Also according to the Chronicle the club realises this.”
    Well. There’s 29 days left to show it.

Don’t hold your breath

Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
    Well that’s where our opinions differ.
    I think all performances from players from last season has dipped this season - excluding Connell.

As for the new players - who knows - we have no previous seasons to gauge them by.
    Clearly McAtee and Mael are good - but how good?

I wouldn’t like to commit to putting a score out of 10 against any of the new players - because if the previous players are not performing as they were (eg Kane, Phillips, Williams, Styles) then how do we judge the new players?
    We can’t.
    And that is the simple reason why ive not berated any of the new players.
    When Stendel got the sack was it because he was a poor HC ?

When Hecky had us fighting relegation following a very acceptable first season back in the championship was he also a poor HC ?

Well that’s where our opinions differ.
    I think all performances from players from last season has dipped this season - excluding Connell.

As for the new players - who knows - we have no previous seasons to gauge them by.
    Clearly McAtee and Mael are good - but how good?

I wouldn’t like to commit to putting a score out of 10 against any of the new players - because if the previous players are not performing as they were (eg Kane, Phillips, Williams, Styles) then how do we judge the new players?
    We can’t.
    And that is the simple reason why ive not berated any of the new players.
    Out of the players you mention there is only Phillips whose standard has dropped, Styles was playing at Millwall , Kane has upped his goals and assists & Williams is playing out of position but you fail to mention Cole whose goal return so far has been outstanding & has improved his goal return , Connell is on his way back to his best and to be honest it is as clear as day that the recruitment last summer has been the problem , in a previous comment you said that bringing in a couple of players might not improve things but no one can argue that Thomas & Isted coming into the squad last january made a huge improvement to the team so why can"t a couple of shrewd recruits have the same effect this season ? I would love to see a couple of old heads out of the Mark Smith , Kenny Burns & Paul Futchur stable all of were supposed to be towards the end of their career type players but all brought vast experience & organisation to the teams of their day & all improved us , there are players up and down the leagues which could be brought in & bring the qualities to the team we need , we not need to rip the team to bits just bring in a couple thats all .

In my view, i think comparisons with last seasons team and head coach are unfair as the team is significantly weaker this season as I said on an earlier post.

9m for 2 outgoing defenders and they've been replaced by bargain basement buys.

Surely that is not how a football club should be run is it?

It was SB who used to say about Lee and Conways mentality the abbreviation PBA- Profit Before Ambition.

It's still guin on!

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    When Stendel got the sack was it because he was a poor HC ?

When Hecky had us fighting relegation following a very acceptable first season back in the championship was he also a poor HC ?
    Stendel deserved to get sack if reports were right about him negotiating a deal with Hudders.

As for Hecky - I’ve always been a big fan - most exciting football I’ve seen at the WELL for a long time.
    A disgrace what happened to him.
    That’s what I’d call a fire sale.
    Then forced out of the club by Conway.

Stendel deserved to get sack if reports were right about him negotiating a deal with Hudders.

As for Hecky - I’ve always been a big fan - most exciting football I’ve seen at the WELL for a long time.
    A disgrace what happened to him.
    That’s what I’d call a fire sale.
    Then forced out of the club by Conway.
    I didn't ask thi abart his alleged shenanigans with Huddersfield I asked thi , was he a poor coach ?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I didn't ask thi abart his alleged shenanigans with Huddersfield I asked thi , was he a poor coach ?
    The thing about Hecky, Morais, Stendel and Struber was that IMO they were at the start of the revolution taking place at Oakwell.
    The style was slowly evolving during their time.

Can anyone remember the Morais teams - no one at the time understood what the hell he was trying to do - I remember (or I think I do) McBurnie tackling back at what would be described now as left wingback and thinking WTF has Morais lost the plot.

Clearly looking back now Morais was obviously under strict instructions how the team should line up.
    As were the rest of the coaches.
    Often struggling with players that just did not fit the system back then.

Supporters have to realise that the club has been in the middle of what I can gather was a struggle between James Cryne and Conway.
    Barnsley has been living under a very dark cloud called ‘Conway’ for the past few year and we are just starting to get clear of that.
    So I think all these coaches were better than what their time at Barnsley would otherwise indicate.

As much as I like Hecky I wouldn’t want him back as HC as he doesn’t play the Barnsley Way.

But I would have Stendel and Struber back - especially Stendel - as they played that style in Europe and understood what Barnsley were trying to do.

The thing about Hecky, Morais, Stendel and Struber was that IMO they were at the start of the revolution taking place at Oakwell.
    The style was slowly evolving during their time.

Can anyone remember the Morais teams - no one at the time understood what the hell he was trying to do - I remember (or I think I do) McBurnie tackling back at what would be described now as left wingback and thinking WTF has Morais lost the plot.

Clearly looking back now Morais was obviously under strict instructions how the team should line up.
    As were the rest of the coaches.
    Often struggling with players that just did not fit the system back then.

Supporters have to realise that the club has been in the middle of what I can gather was a struggle between James Cryne and Conway.
    Barnsley has been living under a very dark cloud called ‘Conway’ for the past few year and we are just starting to get clear of that.
    So I think all these coaches were better than what their time at Barnsley would otherwise indicate.

As much as I like Hecky I wouldn’t want him back as HC as he doesn’t play the Barnsley Way.

But I would have Stendel and Struber back - especially Stendel - as they played that style in Europe and understood what Barnsley were trying to do.
    There has never been " The Barnsley way " only in your thoughts only Nudge

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    There has never been " The Barnsley way " only in your thoughts only Nudge
    HaHaHa !!!
    Keep thinking that Shads.

At the last supporters meeting - when Neerav said ‘players must fit the Barnsley MOULD’ what did he mean by that ?

What is James doing with all those algorithms ???

I’ve been sat in front of Patrick in a room with about 15 of us and he described exactly the change in direction the club was going to take.

From Patrick to the present directors have spoken about how the club operates.
    So I find it incredible - unbelievable really - that we still have supporters denying that the club operates in a specific way.
    Different to most other clubs.
    Although I suspect other clubs are latching onto it.
    Obviously old fashioned clubs like Birmingham City haven’t got there yet.

Do some of our supporters actually listen and look at how other clubs operate???

At the last supporters meeting - when Neerav said ‘players must fit the Barnsley MOULD’ what did he mean by that ?

CHEAP

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast