+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Saddo Cup 🏆Are We Bothered ?

Not saying willing to lose, I doubt anyone would play to lose, I often look when our rivals proceed further and I’m pleased they have extra tiring games and we don’t.

Yeah, but as you often state Championship football may be better than struggling PL weekly football & the same questions will arise regarding injury as they would if we were bottom PL or mid table PL or top 6 PL.

Its contact sport, injuries gonna happen regardless of league playing in.
    Squad depth & quality of players with cash in bank to pluck quality reinforcements if needed is the only way your gonna be totally satisfied.

Not saying it wont happen but gotta hope it does as no other way to win any silver wear in todays English game.

Were i live i've a family aligence to FC Nantes down the road.
    They're a a solid mid-table team with the odd flirting in a relegation zone position each season but they reached the last 2 French cup finals & the city exodus to Paris on the trains was incredidible each time.
    Regardless come each new season the whole team is replaced with new faces but the locals accept this & pack the stadium out each week.

So, yes playing to win does matter by putting the best team out particularly for travelling supporters, imo - maybe catch 22 but winners & losers do take on board casualties.

I’m old enough for it to totally annoy me when teams don’t take the FA Cup seriously.

Us included.

Possibly the nature of the (limited) TV coverage growing up, but my recall of FA Cup winners and finals is much better than it tends to be for the league champions (except where we were seriously involved).

With you on that

Not remotely interested because we wouldn't win and will risk suffering injuries to key players as competition progresses.

I reckon this same thread commences every time we play a Cup game. 😊

I believe we've tanked the cup(s) for at least 10 years now. In that time we've only won promotion once, been in 2 relegation battles and relegated once, have scores of players injured in training and generally lived up to our expectation of mediocrity. More than a few of the losses were soul crushing to teams that would have a hard time winning a men's sunday beer league and affected us the rest of the season.

Maybe it's time to go all out. Not sure the results would be any worse than playing it safe. it also might help us start believing that we can beat the best.

Be nice to have a good cup run but would be even nicer to get promotion...so its a NO from the Rev!

Hope this helps

Play this 11:

Klaesson
    Spence
    Ayling
    Cresswell
    Firpo

Gruev
    Gray

Gnonto
    Poveda
    Anthony

Piroe

If we lose, I've mentally accepted it anyway.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)