+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rooney sacked

Rooney sacked

Well, what a surprise eh? Not

The Blues fans I know always thought it was a bad move by the club to get shot of Eustace and replace him with Rooney. Obviously Tom Brady & co. just went for a "big name" without actually thinking it through when they seemingly went behind Eustace's back with this appointment. The Shelby company may have money (and I'm personally glad that they at least rescued BCFC from financial ruin) but they clearly lack both the nouse and regard for Brum of their fictional namesake. Good players do not often make good managers.

Steve Bruce or big Sam will be in the running

Oh dear, what a shame, never mind. In saying that I actually feel sorry for their supporters

They could have waited until after we'd played them next month.

Inconsiderate w@nchors .

I understand fully he was struggling but clubs don’t give managers enough time. They are six points above safety as it stands, so I guess there is an element of panic within the club. I’m not a big Rooney fan so it means little to me, other than the manager merry go round is spinning madly.

Bruce or Big Sam. Surely not Soulman!

If they’ve got any sense they should get Mowbray in asap unless he’s already gone somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by On Balance View Post
    I understand fully he was struggling but clubs don’t give managers enough time. They are six points above safety as it stands, so I guess there is an element of panic within the club. I’m not a big Rooney fan so it means little to me, other than the manager merry go round is spinning madly.

Bruce or Big Sam. Surely not Soulman!
    My understanding OB is that one of the issues is that Rooney expects them all now to play in a certain way which the players are finding it difficult to adapt to. I think we all know that this penchant for playing out from the back malarkey demands both far more quality in passing and game reading as well as far higher levels of fitness. This is not something that comes over night and is very difficult to achieve with a group of players of limited quality used to playing a different way.

Blues may have new owners with deeper pockets than they have had for a while but they still have financial constraints when it comes to purchasing new players to improve their squad and, in the meantime, the championship remains an exceptionally tough and tight league where time is not something clubs have too much of to spend on new ways of playing and development.

A good manager ( in any field) has to work with what he has, develop team work and work ethic and play to his strengths. Individually, players may be average but get this right and the team can perform well. This is one of the differences between Carlos and Rooney. Eustace too seemed to understand this better and was getting a much better tune out of them than Wayne has, hence the disgruntled fans and it's not as if they don't have some half decent players in the squad either.

Great shame this, poor Wayne, so unkind of the Yanks to sack him, should have given him until the end of next season at least…….!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Omegstrat6 View Post
    My understanding OB is that one of the issues is that Rooney expects them all now to play in a certain way which the players are finding it difficult to adapt to. I think we all know that this penchant for playing out from the back malarkey demands both far more quality in passing and game reading as well as far higher levels of fitness. This is not something that comes over night and is very difficult to achieve with a group of players of limited quality used to playing a different way.

Blues may have new owners with deeper pockets than they have had for a while but they still have financial constraints when it comes to purchasing new players to improve their squad and, in the meantime, the championship remains an exceptionally tough and tight league where time is not something clubs have too much of to spend on new ways of playing and development.

A good manager ( in any field) has to work with what he has, develop team work and work ethic and play to his strengths. Individually, players may be average but get this right and the team can perform well. This is one of the differences between Carlos and Rooney. Eustace too seemed to understand this better and was getting a much better tune out of them than Wayne has, hence the disgruntled fans and it's not as if they don't have some half decent players in the squad either.
    An excellent post/analysis. Can’t argue with your sentiments. I get frustrated with this playing out from the back. But considering where we are, it appears to work. I would never have given a chance of being in the top six at this point.

Corberan obviously sees it is something worthwhile. For me the jury’s out co’s I get so nervous all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by On Balance View Post
    An excellent post/analysis. Can’t argue with your sentiments. I get frustrated with this playing out from the back. But considering where we are, it appears to work. I would never have given a chance of being in the top six at this point.

Corberan obviously sees it is something worthwhile. For me the jury’s out co’s I get so nervous all the time.
    Thinks it makes us all nervous OB!

When it works, it works well for us but performances certainly aren't consistent and we may have one game with great stats on passing/ possession/ intercepts with high energy levels and then we will have another where we look disjointed and get caught out when committing forward with the ball over the top or else are guilty of too many hospital passes. Thankfully Carlos has got more decent performances out of them than poor but guess this nervousness (particularly in games where we are only I-0 up even if we are bossing it) is just an inherent part of being a baggie as we never seem to make things easy for ourselves do we?😁

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)