+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A nasty Mormon who bears grudges...

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Very generous BT, that's more than you would get off any Mormon.
    That's unfair Sub, the Mormons give them for free, they only charge if you want to give it back.

Once when we lived in Burnley, I was a bit bored one afternoon and let a couple of Jehovah's Witnesses in for a chat. It was one of the strangest experiences I've ever had, not unpleasant, but totally inexplicable. I never let them in again.

you've got to admire their persistence, shipping in young kids to try and convert you instead of killing you.

Sold BT.... Although akin to the " Gideons Bible Lot", a welcome addition to my collection of
    useless literature, which also includes:- 1964 Daktari Annual and "Doh" by Peter Glaze....

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    you've got to admire their persistence, shipping in young kids to try and convert you instead of killing you.
    The thing with these two Chris, after chatting for a while, one of them said he could feel the Holy Spirit in the room with us, and I did sense something, I felt a calmness and tranquility, as though all the worries in the world had been lifted off my shoulders. They asked if I could feel it and I lied and said no, I couldn't feel anything, then got them out of the house as quickly as possible. What it was, or how they did it, I have no idea, but it felt real enough at the time and I didn't want to go where it was leading.

It's a slow death Chris...
    Could be described as some sort of rare strain of Tetenus...
    You end up mimicing their permanent smile ,which in turn, causes irreversable Lock Jaw...
    There's no known cure, perhaps converting to Islam will knock the smile off your face, but
    noones been brave enough to try it......ouch!...

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    The thing with these two Chris, after chatting for a while, one of them said he could feel the Holy Spirit in the room with us, and I did sense something, I felt a calmness and tranquility, as though all the worries in the world had been lifted off my shoulders. They asked if I could feel it and I lied and said no, I couldn't feel anything, then got them out of the house as quickly as possible. What it was, or how they did it, I have no idea, but it felt real enough at the time and I didn't want to go where it was leading.
    That's spooky sinky, I'm not sure what I would have done in that situation. I'm always polite with them but they've never got past my doorstep.

Strangely enough, back in the late 1950s and early 1960s my grandma used to have members of the Mormon church lodging in her house. They were all youngish Americans and always dressed well and were very polite but never discussed religion, well, not when I was around anyway.
    She was reasonably well paid for doing this, however, after a few years she became ill and she had to stop looking after them.

She had no connection with The CHurch of the Latter Day Saints at all and I have no idea how this arrangement came about

With these Jehovah’s Witnesses, someone once asked me if wanted to be a witness for Jehovah. My reply was “ I didn’t know he’d been involved in an accident !!”
    Seriously, when these people( some of which are smart looking women) are hanging around on main high streets , advertising what they believe in, how do they pay their bills if they are not “ officially working “? Does anyone subsidise them ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)