+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A nasty Mormon who bears grudges...

A nasty Mormon who bears grudges...

Just read an article by a Saints fan who is apoplectic at Alan Pace for telling Southampton to jump on "Do One Airlines" because "Pace bears a grudge" for how the Saints stopped Alan Pace's daughter's plea to bring Nathan Tella home.

Apparently Pace has told Russell Martin there is not a snowball in hells chance of the Saints getting Benson on loan.

Pace by all accounts also gave Sean Dyche the cold shoulder on his comeback to Turf Moor.

Is it the possibility of having four wives reason enough to be grumpy?

From a press comment: The Saints and Clarets still have a fractured relationship after the summer saga regarding Nathan Tella. As a result, they’ve snubbed the approach from the Championship promotion hopefuls while Hull City try to strike a deal.

I don't give a FF what Southampton or their supporters think about Mr Pace. I just hope Vinni takes a leaf out of Mr Pace's book and tells Maatsen to do one if he tries to worm his way back in with us this month.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I don't give a FF what Southampton or their supporters think about Mr Pace. I just hope Vinni takes a leaf out of Mr Pace's book and tells Maatsen to do one if he tries to worm his way back in with us this month.
    I thought these Mormons were supposed to be a soft touch mon ami? Apparently not!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I thought these Mormons were supposed to be a soft touch mon ami? Apparently not!
    Family mon ami, they turned on his daughter, no way back for them after that. Good for Alan, I'm not his biggest fan but I'm with him on this.

Well I agree with Alan Pace's stand if that is the truth. Over a number of years Soton have acted in the alleged way with us so I hope we give them the same treatment. We need to be hard nosed in respect of all deals where players are going to be sold/loaned.

Quote Originally Posted by lancaster100 View Post
    Well I agree with Alan Pace's stand if that is the truth. Over a number of years Soton have acted in the alleged way with us so I hope we give them the same treatment. We need to be hard nosed in respect of all deals where players are going to be sold/loaned.
    Not often you present the voice of reason Lancy.

Lets be fair to Russell Martin BT....
    Would you open your front door to a Mormon, even if he was only enquiring if Tella was for sale....

Quote Originally Posted by Len Bury View Post
    Lets be fair to Russell Martin BT....
    Would you open your front door to a Mormon, even if he was only enquiring if Tella was for sale....
    I'll happily sell you a December 2000 copy of the "Watchtower" Lenny.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I'll happily sell you a December 2000 copy of the "Watchtower" Lenny.
    Very generous BT, that's more than you would get off any Mormon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)