+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Morton at Home

From what I've seen of Duffy previously I thought he looked like he had good potential and was one I thought could make it. Shame we haven't seen anything of him. I'd go for him in this one if he's fit.

The last time I saw Flynn Duffy was about 5 years ago in a Dundee Schools cup final at Tannadice and, yes, he was a standout.
    I should have said the 'only' time. What's to do with reserves, 'B' teams, U/18q games these days? We're not allowed to see them. In the old days I would see our reserves etc play a dozen or more games at Tannadice & I recall an away game too, a cup final at Tynecastle.
    It's sh!te, it's not good for the game in Scotland. Bring back watchable reserves.
    So Flynn for all I know you may be as good as you were in that Schools final, I'm sure you are so good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    The last time I saw Flynn Duffy was about 5 years ago in a Dundee Schools cup final at Tannadice and, yes, he was a standout.
    I should have said the 'only' time. What's to do with reserves, 'B' teams, U/18q games these days? We're not allowed to see them. In the old days I would see our reserves etc play a dozen or more games at Tannadice & I recall an away game too, a cup final at Tynecastle.
    It's sh!te, it's not good for the game in Scotland. Bring back watchable reserves.
    So Flynn for all I know you may be as good as you were in that Schools final, I'm sure you are so good luck.
    I'm glad someone else remembers the value of reserve games being played back in the day. I saw a lot of the reserves and it was great seeing them at Tannadice. You had first-team players building up their match fitness from injury, and exciting youngsters gaining valuable experience from senior pros who were on or around the edge of the first team. None of this U18s or U21s pish. You also had trialists who were given a run-out in these games to see if they were any good.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabs4ever View Post
    I'm glad someone else remembers the value of reserve games being played back in the day. I saw a lot of the reserves and it was great seeing them at Tannadice. You had first-team players building up their match fitness from injury, and exciting youngsters gaining valuable experience from senior pros who were on or around the edge of the first team. None of this U18s or U21s pish. You also had trialists who were given a run-out in these games to see if they were any good.
    Real shame this, why cant they play B games at night and at gussie so the fans can see them, might be a bit more patient with them if they know them better too

Loved watching the reserve games in the 80''s and 90's. Only bit of ground open was the Jerry Kerr stand. I particularly remember watching a very young, tall lanky laddie called Ferguson. He went on to do alright for himself.

Quote Originally Posted by ARAbCHNID View Post
    You can go and watch the B team anytime you like at Gussie.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    if Freeman was played at left back Saturday then Duffy would be as well finding another club there and then.
    Really depends what stage he is at though, doesn't it? I've only ever seen him, funnily enough, playing for the B team at Gussie. It's hard to gauge where boys are at that stage but he just looked like an average B team player and nothing special. Goodwin will know better than anyone.

Exactly, it's not as if he doesn't see how they are doing in training

Will trust his judgement, be it Freeman, Duffy, Middleton etc

Unless he decides to go with anything but Graham/Holt at centre back, then I'll get concerned

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    Really depends what stage he is at though, doesn't it? I've only ever seen him, funnily enough, playing for the B team at Gussie. It's hard to gauge where boys are at that stage but he just looked like an average B team player and nothing special. Goodwin will know better than anyone.
    Did Duffy not play pre season friendlies last season ie Summer 22, and a couple of LC group games? Hazy memory but seem to think he did ok.

Must have something about him , been on the bench last few games

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)