+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Clarets v Spurs FA CUP - match preview.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    VK has already said he's fielding his strongest possible team. Beyer is out injured, Berge suspended, so it looks something like:
    Trafford.
    Vitinho, O'Shea, Al-Dakhil, Taylor,
    Brownhill, Cullen, Ramsey,
    Odobert, Foster & Amdouni.
    I think he'll find a place for JBG somewhere in the starting line up, assuming he's fit.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I think he'll find a place for JBG somewhere in the starting line up, assuming he's fit.
    For whatever reason he certainly has the hots for JBG and no mistake.

Meanwhile these two can't get a look-in...

Attachment 25534

I think he likes to play JBG in away matches, perhaps he thinks it's more solid, and he can make a positive change if needed. Stats may prove this wrong however, don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by wmdave_b View Post
    I think he likes to play JBG in away matches, perhaps he thinks it's more solid, and he can make a positive change if needed. Stats may prove this wrong however, don't know.
    Supersub6 will be along in a minute wmd.

We will soon know the truth.

Hope so BT, be interesting to know.

I do think this game is winnable, and for a few reasons. They are missing some pretty key players, like Son. Madison was the difference last time and he's out. Also since then we've got a bit more nouse and certainly more threat. Our last 3 results are a positive for me, VAR factored in here.

Hi, I'm going to the match tomorrow, sitting in the Burnley end with my son, can someone point me towards some Burnley songs so we can contribute, we're from Iceland and don't really know the main songs.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Supersub6 will be along in a minute wmd.

We will soon know the truth.
    Strangely enough I have been working this out and here is the response to BT's earlier post which I was working on.

JBG works hard and is far better defensively on the flank than any other of our wide players who, for some reason, seem to switch off to the job they need to be doing

JBG has started 9 games for us this season. One game he came off at half time with the score 1-2 ---we losr 2-5.
    Another game he came off after just 20 minutes at 0-0 --we lost 0-1.
    Another he came off on 81 minutes at 1-1 ---we lost 1-2.
    ANother he came off on 89 minutes at 0-1 ----we lost 0-2.
    Another he came off on 85 minutes at 1-0 ----we lost 1-2.
    Another he came off on 58 minutes at 1-0 ----we drew 1-1.
    Another he came off on 74 minutes at 2-2 ----we lost 2-3.

Obviously more subs willl have come on, however, I still maintain that he is the best defensive winger we have and the reason he is picked on the right is to give Vitinho cover ---he often needs it!

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    Strangely enough I have been working this out and here is the response to BT's earlier post which I was working on.

JBG works hard and is far better defensively on the flank than any other of our wide players who, for some reason, seem to switch off to the job they need to be doing

JBG has started 9 games for us this season. One game he came off at half time with the score 1-2 ---we losr 2-5.
    Another game he came off after just 20 minutes at 0-0 --we lost 0-1.
    Another he came off on 81 minutes at 1-1 ---we lost 1-2.
    ANother he came off on 89 minutes at 0-1 ----we lost 0-2.
    Another he came off on 85 minutes at 1-0 ----we lost 1-2.
    Another he came off on 58 minutes at 1-0 ----we drew 1-1.
    Another he came off on 74 minutes at 2-2 ----we lost 2-3.

Obviously more subs willl have come on, however, I still maintain that he is the best defensive winger we have and the reason he is picked on the right is to give Vitinho cover ---he often needs it!
    You need to work with VK mein freund, we would probably never lose another game.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post

however, I still maintain that he is the best defensive winger we have and the reason he is picked on the right is to give Vitinho cover ---he often needs it!
    Quite possibly Sub, he's the only defensive winger we have.

Better to play him as a defender and put someone else on the wing who has pace and is not predictable. JGB always come inside on his left. He can play a dangerous ball into the box but we need pace and craft on the wings.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)