+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are you serious?

Are you serious?

https://thestrayferret.co.uk/leeds-u...-in-harrogate/

You lose your license for doing 37 in a 30?

He wasn’t banned due to that specific offence - he already had 10 points on his licence - the conviction would have come with 3 points in addition to any fine which takes him over the 12 point limit after which you automatically get a ban.

No doubt he was offered a speed awareness course instead of points but don’t want to come back from Germany or CBA to do it online.

Perhaps an indication he isn’t coming back to the UK any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    https://thestrayferret.co.uk/leeds-u...-in-harrogate/

You lose your license for doing 37 in a 30?
    Had 10 points in his license already, get over 12 (and he got three for speeding) and lose your license. Speeding in Harrogate is just not required.

So basically the tool had been done speeding a few times already, people can easily get caught out here and there for speeding, it happens but to have 10 points and then get another speeding fine just smacks of someone who thinks the rules don't apply to them.

Joel, don't disagree but also know that other things add points. Used to have a job with lots of driving and one of my favorites was "failure to signal". I switched lanes on a multilane road because a dead deer was in the middle of the lane (at night and just past the crown of a hill) to avoid hitting it and a cop got me. Obviously looking for a DUI, drug bust or a bribe from me(2am at night) but when that didn't happen he wrote me a 4 point ticket for lane change. Not all points are created equal.

Know nothing about Harrogate but it's obviously an extremely safe place. In most locales I've lived in over the years the police have more important things to do than write tickets for 7 over. Speedometer error as well as human error by the gunner can easily account for 5 mph difference. The one obvious universal exception is school zones or a street where an important politician lives.

I agree with HOP that it does seem he has no intent of coming back. If you don't have a license you are very limited in your travel options in many areas.

If he's a tool (likely he is) then cops can find a lot better ticket than 7 over.

PS- I'm always polite and professional to police. with big brother and lifetime notes in a computer jawing at policeman pretty much ensures you'll get one every chance they get.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Joel, don't disagree but also know that other things add points. Used to have a job with lots of driving and one of my favorites was "failure to signal". I switched lanes on a multilane road because a dead deer was in the middle of the lane (at night and just past the crown of a hill) to avoid hitting it and a cop got me. Obviously looking for a DUI, drug bust or a bribe from me(2am at night) but when that didn't happen he wrote me a 4 point ticket for lane change. Not all points are created equal.

Know nothing about Harrogate but it's obviously an extremely safe place. In most locales I've lived in over the years the police have more important things to do than write tickets for 7 over. Speedometer error as well as human error by the gunner can easily account for 5 mph difference. The one obvious universal exception is school zones or a street where an important politician lives.

I agree with HOP that it does seem he has no intent of coming back. If you don't have a license you are very limited in your travel options in many areas.

If he's a tool (likely he is) then cops can find a lot better ticket than 7 over.

PS- I'm always polite and professional to police. with big brother and lifetime notes in a computer jawing at policeman pretty much ensures you'll get one every chance they get.
    In britain no one EVER got a ticket for "Failing to signal" so forget that, it is highly likely that his points have all been accumalated for speeding [we have 20 million speed cameras in britain - almost exclusiely in "Safe areas"] and therefore as Joel points out is almost certainly someone who thinks that the law doesnt apply to them.
    My take on this is that ANYONE getting over 12 points should be kicked off the roads anyway - ffs modern cars are all fitted with satellite tracking and you ARE warned about cameras all the time ....
    Ban 'em Danno!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    In britain no one EVER got a ticket for "Failing to signal" so forget that, it is highly likely that his points have all been accumalated for speeding [we have 20 million speed cameras in britain - almost exclusiely in "Safe areas"] and therefore as Joel points out is almost certainly someone who thinks that the law doesnt apply to them.
    My take on this is that ANYONE getting over 12 points should be kicked off the roads anyway - ffs modern cars are all fitted with satellite tracking and you ARE warned about cameras all the time ....
    Ban 'em Danno!!
    I've driven 17 years, I have zero points. It isn't hard. Anyone with 12+ points either can't drive safely or doesn't think they need to drive within the laws of the road.

On that point as well, Aaronson was in England how long? a year at most? so he got all those points that quickly, guy is a clown.

Any penalty points acquired in other countries count against your UK licence, so he could have got the previous 10 when he was at Salzburg (from Jan 2021).

Not defending Aaronson but...

I've driven over a million miles in the US Midwest the last 20 years. I'm not aware of any speed cameras and we sure don't have any kind of notification system that a camera is coming up. We do have waze (app) which will notify you on traffic hazards and police but that's relatively new and it's dependent on users inputting the information. Not infallible but better than nothing.

The other tough nut to crack is that many people are driving way above the speed limit. Even tooling along in the right lane (the slow lane here) if you are doing the speed limit they are coming up to you like you are standing still. Human nature is to run with the flow of traffic or pack of cars. Sometimes it's your turn to get picked out and ticketed. Just the nature of the game. Certain vehicles "attract tickets" and he likely has one of those. Numbers, stripes, flaming red, loud or high performance cars are much more likely to get your pulled over. A white 4 door sedan...not so much. Not near as bad post covid because most police dept's are grossly understaffed and traffic control is not a priority for many of them due to other more pressing issues. It is hard for me to comprehend that someone had nothing better to do that stopping and writing a ticket for 7 over.

The reality is that cars are much, much safer and comfortable than they were even 10 years ago. Speed limits are rather arbitrary and distances are huge. I can't comprehend the distances in a country like England. I've logged in quite a few 800-1000 mile days in the last 20 years. The cops set speed traps and enforcement tends to focus on generating quick revenue for a town, county or state. Drive enough miles and you'll get a ticket regardless of how good you are. Tickets range from 3-4 points speeding. 8 points reckless driving (25 and over), Turn signal and unsafe lane movement (4-5), stop light or stop sign violations (4 or 5). Sit at a light at 1AM in Chicago, Detroit, St Louis, Cincinnatti, or any other big city in the wrong area and you'll take the ticket over losing your car or your life.

Not saying that this is likely in the case of Aaronson but it is different over here vs The UK. He may have racked up the points over here. Think he played for Philly and if he was driving home after matches that is one scary festering crime ridden war zone in a lot of areas. I wouldn't be stopping an any red lights for long at 11pm in that place.

it would be fascinating to see what driving in the UK is like vs the US. I suspect it's a world of difference.

Not sure why he wouldn't have taken the safety class or paid the lawyer to buy off the ticket. Does point strongly to the fact he's likely a tool.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)