+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Mr Bates vs The Post Office 2024 ‧

Quote Originally Posted by crashbang View Post
    The worst of is several pleaded guilty to avoid prison.

They will be last in the payout line.
    Post office were quick enough to prosecute, but not to compensate.
    The worst bit is that people committed suicide over the blatant cover up.

….. and yet people demand more and more of our hard earned is taken from us.

Not to worry, after 15 years with no prosecutions the Government have now reassured us that they are all over this.

Due to the actions of a drama company they now understand the public aren,t happy, some people died and a lot more have had their lives, aspirations and credibility ruined.

We’re in safe hands and we can all sleep better know

I have watched this over the last couple of days and can't believe that someone in high office hasn't been charged with, at the least, perjury as according to this the people at the top knew something was wrong, but as ever in this world of ours the people who make all the big decisions seem to get paid off when everything goes wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronners View Post
    I have watched this over the last couple of days and can't believe that someone in high office hasn't been charged with, at the least, perjury as according to this the people at the top knew something was wrong, but as ever in this world of ours the people who make all the big decisions seem to get paid off when everything goes wrong.
    Or that governments don’t know what government departments are doing

I’ve just finished watching it.

Incredible story. Great tv program.

The cover up and discrediting of honest people in a respected positions. Those people deserve compensation from the owners of the post office who were employees and acted in correctly.

Unbelievable how things can get covered up and brushed under the carpet

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    There is some truth in that also Grist.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Probably why they’ve centralised more of the posts to Downing Street.

Just seen the last episode. What a fantastic piece of drama but, this was a true story. Harrowing doesn't even begin to explain it all

Honest people's lives destroyed. Four desperate folk taking their own lives leaving loved ones behind. Being jailed, criminal convictions, house repossessions, life savings taken, bankruptcy, total humiliation within their tight knit communities for crimes they never committed.

Those at the top scheming, lying, anything to cover it all up. These are the ones who should be sent down! How do they sleep at night and her, Paula Vennells, a minister of the cloth, despicable. The biggest b.astard of them all seemed to be Angela van den Bogerd, what an insensitive bitch she is.

I truly hope Scotland Yard aren't having their strings worked by the government and that prosecutions come out of their investigations for all the poor innocent people involved in this truly horrendous scandal.

As for Alan Bates, that man deserves to be given not only recognition but, an award from the King himself for his unfaltering way he has committed over 20 hard years of his life to get to the bottom of all of this. Well done that man!

NB. I've just read that after his relentless campaigning, he was offered an OBE in January last year for services to justice, but he declined it as the job was not done yet. What a humble human being he is, I doff my cap to you Sir.
    Last edited by Brin; 07-01-2024 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Just seen the last episode. What a fantastic piece of drama but, this was a true story. Harrowing doesn't even begin to explain it all

Honest people's lives destroyed. Four desperate folk taking their own lives leaving loved ones behind. Being jailed, criminal convictions, house repossessions, life savings taken, bankruptcy, total humiliation within their tight knit communities for crimes they never committed.

Those at the top scheming, lying, anything to cover it all up. These are the ones who should be sent down! How do they sleep at night and her, Paula Vennells, a minister of the cloth, despicable. The biggest b.astard of them all seemed to be Angela van den Bogerd, what an insensitive bitch she is.

I truly hope Scotland Yard aren't having their strings worked by the government and that prosecutions come out of their investigations for all the poor innocent people involved in this truly horrendous scandal.

As for Alan Bates, that man deserves to be given not only recognition but, an award from the King himself for his unfaltering way he has committed over 20 hard years of his life to get to the bottom of all of this. Well done that man!

NB. I've just read that after his relentless campaigning, he was offered an OBE in January last year for services to justice, but he declined it as the job was not done yet. What a humble human being he is, I doff my cap to you Sir.
    Warning!

Don’t read this if you’ve not seen it 😂

So the Met Police are tasked with making enquiries
    The corrupt investigating the corrupted

Oh the irony
    Couldn’t make it up

Sunak,s not happy after watching it too. Oblivious to it before though.
    A First class Prime Minister presiding over a Govt at the top of their game
    Last edited by flourbasher; 07-01-2024 at 11:03 AM.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast