+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Mr Bates vs The Post Office 2024 ‧

Absorbing tv but none the less made my blood boil .

This is about class isn't it ?

The thing they tell you has gone away from UK society .

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Just seen the last episode. What a fantastic piece of drama but, this was a true story. Harrowing doesn't even begin to explain it all

Honest people's lives destroyed. Four desperate folk taking their own lives leaving loved ones behind. Being jailed, criminal convictions, house repossessions, life savings taken, bankruptcy, total humiliation within their tight knit communities for crimes they never committed.

Those at the top scheming, lying, anything to cover it all up. These are the ones who should be sent down! How do they sleep at night and her, Paula Vennells, a minister of the cloth, despicable. The biggest b.astard of them all seemed to be Angela van den Bogerd, what an insensitive bitch she is.

I truly hope Scotland Yard aren't having their strings worked by the government and that prosecutions come out of their investigations for all the poor innocent people involved in this truly horrendous scandal.

As for Alan Bates, that man deserves to be given not only recognition but, an award from the King himself for his unfaltering way he has committed over 20 hard years of his life to get to the bottom of all of this. Well done that man!

NB. I've just read that after his relentless campaigning, he was offered an OBE in January last year for services to justice, but he declined it as the job was not done yet. What a humble human being he is, I doff my cap to you Sir.
    I think Alan Bates reclined a award, saying he could not accept it, after Post Office chief Paula Vennells was awarded a OBE.
    He said he would accept a award if the OBE was taken off Paula Vennells.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    I think Alan Bates reclined a award, saying he could not accept it, after Post Office chief Paula Vennells was awarded a OBE.
    She received a CBE ELK but she also received a £400,000 bonus pay off.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Absorbing tv but none the less made my blood boil .

This is about class isn't it ?

The thing they tell you has gone away from UK society .
    Not so sure about class, more to do with how ministries are run. If a government changes the ministries still continue to be run by their “ top neddies”

This particular scandal has been running a long time, starting in the Blair and Brown years up to where we are now. So there’s been a lot of Minister changes but probably not a lot of change in the civil servants running the ministries

So probably the issue was known early but Fujitsu didn’t want to own up to it to protect a lucrative contract. Some top civil servants would certainly have known what was happening but they wanted to protect their own jobs, salaries and potential awards. Just how much they told the Minister in charge at the time is highly debatable

Once they started telling lies they had to keep telling them in the hope that it would go away

Just watched this it’s horrendous the way people were treated. It’s elitism at its finest a bunch of honest hard working people shafted from powerful corporations and individuals.

The Civil Service continues to run this country no matter which party is in government and it won't be any different when Labour gets into "power".

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    She received a CBE ELK but she also received a £400,000 bonus pay off.

I can see where the ' C ' came from mate.

I can see where the ' C ' came from mate.
    Yes a lying scheming large C pal without doubt.

It’s took a tv series to get people round the table at government level…

Also,found it was rather odd.the 2010 con-lib coalition invented a first ever postal secretary role,which happened to be ed davey and nothing was done or broached at the time…I would have thought that this was in his intray at the time..being as 2009 first admitted there was problems with the system..

Remember chief executive of the Football Association Adam Crozier?

He went on to to Be CEO of The Post Office from 2003 - 2010 right in the eye of this storm.

Did you see him in the ITV drama?

Guess where he went in 2010 as CEO

ITVplc.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast