+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: This Post Office programme about Horizon

This Post Office programme about Horizon

Of course we all knew after the first Radio One Big Weekend scandal that the Post Office was rotten at delivery level but in all honesty when it was so rotten right at the top is it any surprise the posties pulled the scam that they did for those tickets? They were never going to get properly investigated and if they did investigate it they'd just cover it up and refuse access to evidence.

Corrupt top to bottom. I blame the Tories.

Quote Originally Posted by Deeranged View Post
    Of course we all knew after the first Radio One Big Weekend scandal that the Post Office was rotten at delivery level but in all honesty when it was so rotten right at the top is it any surprise the posties pulled the scam that they did for those tickets? They were never going to get properly investigated and if they did investigate it they'd just cover it up and refuse access to evidence.

Now I don't normally praise MSM.....but one of the best true stories to drama ever written

And note an organisation ( no the normal workers ) that was corrupt to the core that was run by women......but but but women are caring, we need more of them at the top.

These people must have felt broken/helpless/ lost.

Good on the conservative MP for helping but 12 ****ing years and counting.

Looks like to me those at the top of the post office knew, lied, covered up then doubled down.

Criminal proceedings should follow but doubt it.

And the guy co ordinating the fight is a modern day hero......no as much as the Dens groundsman 😆 but a modern day hero AHH the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    Now I don't normally praise MSM.....but one of the best true stories to drama ever written

And note an organisation ( no the normal workers ) that was corrupt to the core that was run by women......but but but women are caring, we need more of them at the top.

These people must have felt broken/helpless/ lost.

Good on the conservative MP for helping but 12 ****ing years and counting.

Looks like to me those at the top of the post office knew, lied, covered up then doubled down.

Criminal proceedings should follow but doubt it.

And the guy co ordinating the fight is a modern day hero......no as much as the Dens groundsman �� but a modern day hero AHH the same.
    On a serious and non fishing note - excellent programme and the fact the woman at the top still refuses to give comment and refused to contribute to the programme's research speaks volumes.

I know somebody who worked in a post office at the time Horizon was introduced and she used to say she was sure there was an issue with the system, but I just told her she was computer illiterate and maybe didn't understand it - does that make me as bad as them?

On a serious and non fishing note - excellent programme and the fact the woman at the top still refuses to give comment and refused to contribute to the programme's research speaks volumes.

I know somebody who worked in a post office at the time Horizon was introduced and she used to say she was sure there was an issue with the system, but I just told her she was computer illiterate and maybe didn't understand it - does that make me as bad as them?
    No.

We all trust large companies to do right......but we really shouldn't

I saw some pretty corrupt stuff on a very frequent basis working in a bank and those from middle management up either endorsing or ignoring so they cud get their bonuses.

But who wuda thought their was so much fear among the post masters ....just incredible

The staggering thing as well......her at the top was a part time church of England priest or vicar .......couldn't make it up.

I used to hate the computer techy guys in the bank.....with a serious passion.

Ever time they came in to put in a fix or sort something on my lap top or remote access it I never left their side or left room while they were ****ing aboot on it.....they hated it but never understood anyone who left them to it

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I used to hate the computer techy guys in the bank.....with a serious passion.

Ever time they came in to put in a fix or sort something on my lap top or remote access it I never left their side or left room while they were ****ing aboot on it.....they hated it but never understood anyone who left them to it
    When computers first became a standard tool at work and everybody started using email instead of phones it was common to jump onto somebody's station and send an email to someone in their name - often a wind up, joke or even abuse. I never did it and, like you, made a point of being at my computer if anyone else wanted to 'jump on it quickly' or I'd lock it if I was going away for anything. I learned very quickly to trust nobody with IT.

Where I am now the IT make no secret of the fact they monitor everything but they can't get on your laptop physically or remotely without your authority and won't do any repairs / patches or whatever these clever buggers do unless you're there watching. Keeps everyone safe and stops any shenanigans I suppose.

Very good watch about a horrific scandal,almost as good as the Hillsborough one with the polis.
    Both very corrupt and still no jail time for either involved.

I would not be surprised to see the Post Office Counters bosses who knowingly covered up the problems with their Horizon computer system being prosecuted.

For someone with your level of intelligence I’d have thought you’d have known, Royal Mail and Post Office Counters Ltd are to completely different companies, what POCL did is unforgivable and in my opinion those at the top should do some jail time.

Two posties were caught stealing tickets, for the twentieth time, you can’t tar every one of them with the same brush, … unless your trying to get on Noah’s side

Quote Originally Posted by deeranged View Post
    on a serious and non fishing note - excellent programme and the fact the woman at the top still refuses to give comment and refused to contribute to the programme's research speaks volumes.

I know somebody who worked in a post office at the time horizon was introduced and she used to say she was sure there was an issue with the system, but i just told her she was computer illiterate and maybe didn't understand it - does that make me as bad as them?
    yes

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)