+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dan Ashworth

Dan Ashworth

Anyone else sick of hearing about this potential move to Man U/

Correct me if I am wrong, but there are a plethora of people that could replace him.. I'm sorry but I just don't get how he has been put on a pedestal by some people..

He didn't set the world alight at West Brom... Brighton are doing fine without him..... I would be happy to keep him but if he leaves for Man U where he will receive more control over transfers and more money to spend then I will not lose any sleep over it..

Seems there are a few fans losing their heads over it on Twitter (X), I can't see the issue..

Quote Originally Posted by Tutfoster1892 View Post
    Anyone else sick of hearing about this potential move to Man U/

Correct me if I am wrong, but there are a plethora of people that could replace him.. I'm sorry but I just don't get how he has been put on a pedestal by some people..

He didn't set the world alight at West Brom... Brighton are doing fine without him..... I would be happy to keep him but if he leaves for Man U where he will receive more control over transfers and more money to spend then I will not lose any sleep over it..

Seems there are a few fans losing their heads over it on Twitter (X), I can't see the issue..
    Exactly this. Good as he, Dan Ashworth, may be Eddie is still the main man, with the final say. No one is irreplaceable.

I disagree, lads.

Look what he achieved at Brighton. He was at the top of his game and one of the very best and most higher regarded in his profession and we got him.

He's barely through the door and we won't see the fruits of his labours immediately. However, if Gordon and Livramento are anything to go by then, combined with his work at Brighton showing what he's capable of, he's going to have a major impact here.

I think him leaving would be a massive blow on a number of levels. That being said, it's all pure speculation by folk looking for clicks.

Good, shrewd, forward-looking Football Directors are pretty hard to come by. I hope we hang onto Dan for sure.

Great if we could keep him but I don't want anyone at this club who isn't full on motivated to do their best for this club whether it's the tea person or the owner.
    The grass isn't always greener on the other side.

I get all points..

But I wouldn't be gutted if he left, I'm sure there will be someone just as good wanting to come in his place

Maybe somebody’s not happy with him due to the Tonali situation.

I wouldt say hes done marvellous since he came here. Gordon and Tino is good signings. But so is Trippier and Guimarães. And Botman was close to signing, before Ashworth signed, so even though he was signed after Ashworth I dont count him as his signing.

Our owners have proved they dont mess around, so if he leaves for that garveyard of fallen stars, managers and coaches at old trafford - they will hire someone iat least n the same class.

Hope he stays though, so he can prove for us that hes doing a good job over time. And dont get judged on just a few signings. Tonali, Hall and Barnes is good arguments up against the more successful Gordon and Livramento so far.

Quote Originally Posted by toonviking View Post
    I wouldt say hes done marvellous since he came here. Gordon and Tino is good signings. But so is Trippier and Guimarães. And Botman was close to signing, before Ashworth signed, so even though he was signed after Ashworth I dont count him as his signing.

Our owners have proved they dont mess around, so if he leaves for that garveyard of fallen stars, managers and coaches at old trafford - they will hire someone iat least n the same class.

Hope he stays though, so he can prove for us that hes doing a good job over time. And dont get judged on just a few signings. Tonali, Hall and Barnes is good arguments up against the more successful Gordon and Livramento so far.
    I'm not sure it's fair including Barnes as he was injured. He would have contributed goals and assists and allowed Gordon to be rested.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Maybe somebody’s not happy with him due to the Tonali situation.
    This was my first thought fair to say. But even with the bettibg mess, we still got him at a really low price in the big scheme of things when you think about it. He will be back firing next season like a new signing knowing we stood by him.I hope at a bargain 50 mill.

I wouldn't be quick to dismiss DA but if he wants to go then fair enough. Maybe theres not as many funds available to play with as he had hoped. I dunno. All I know is never hold anyone against their will.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)