+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lee Hughes

Lee Hughes

Soon to be appointed Notts County manager George Burley is making a shock move to take much-travelled Lee Hughes on a short term deal – and put the striker back in League 2.

Burley is desperate to land a new forward given the speculation surrounding top goalscorer Macaulay Langstaff and his surprisingly turned to Hughes, the 54-year-old hit man who is still scoring goals but is available.

Dean Yates and the Short brothers are also coming back to shore up the defence too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    Soon to be appointed Notts County manager George Burley is making a shock move to take much-travelled Lee Hughes on a short term deal – and put the striker back in League 2.

Burley is desperate to land a new forward given the speculation surrounding top goalscorer Macaulay Langstaff and his surprisingly turned to Hughes, the 54-year-old hit man who is still scoring goals but is available.
    That's enough internet for you for today.

I love a bit of NCM tradition

Appointing him would certainly give us a lift.
    A fireman's lift.

Mappers, I think Churchill called it 'Squeezing a lemon until the pips rattle'. You need a new scriptwriter. My rates are very decent

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Mappers, I think Churchill called it 'Squeezing a lemon until the pips rattle'. You need a new scriptwriter. My rates are very decent
    I don't know what you are on about.

I don't know what you are on about.
    My bad. I mistook you for someone intelligent.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    My bad. I mistook you for someone intelligent.
    I've wasted a fair bit of life posting over 6,000 times on this site. That should tell you all you need to know.

I've wasted a fair bit of life posting over 6,000 times on this site. That should tell you all you need to know.
    In fairness, at least half of them were the same post.

Still makes me smile, though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast