+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP David soul

RIP David soul

Half of the duo of Starsky and Hutch has passed aged 80.

Always a Saturday night TV favourite before MOTD. He also went into the music business with at the time, a fair degree of success. RIP David.

More fun back then! Remember him more for his hits than tv. R I P

Remember him for Starsky and Hutch and Salems Lot as a kid. Had some singing success too. Don't give up on us baby and silver lady are brilliant tunes.
    RIP Hutch

Mrs G’s ****age heartthrob she says

(Wasn’t mine)

Starsky and Hutch with corn flakes and then match off the day. Still taste the corn flakes and smell mums 3rd wine bottle now.

Rip Hutch. And I agree, his 2 music hits were great too.

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Starsky and Hutch with corn flakes and then match off the day. Still taste the corn flakes and smell mums 3rd wine bottle now.

Rip Hutch. And I agree, his 2 music hits were great too.
    Salem's lot, ( the film ) frightened me to death at the time, the master was the first vampire with no hair I'd ever seen..( apart from nosferatu)..the scene when he was behind the door was horrifying.. " your faith against his faith" spoken by arguably one of the all time greats in James mason..it's dated now, with all these ridiculous "saw" type films, but worth a watch if you've not seen it..

I loved S&H as a kid. S&H,MOTD and then Parkinson,at my Grandma's in Ravenfield! It's interesting in thought S&H is now seen as a cheesy,tongue in cheek crime drama but at the time it was perceived as a serious prime time drama! Anyway I think 'Don't Give Up On Us Baby' should replace 'New York,New York' at the final whistle from now on as a tribute to David Soul and us poor 'Souls' that turn up!

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Mrs G’s ****age heartthrob she says

(Wasn’t mine)
    I would have thought if he had been your ****age heartthrob that you would have been with 'Mr G' Grist? 🤔😉 UTM

He also appeared in the Dirty Harry film Magnum Force where he played the part of a rogue motorcycle cop whoes hash was settled by Clint Eastwood and his. Perhaps the film gave the producers the idea for S&H.

How ironic. I'm sat here typing away and what song comes up next on Alexa? This......

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast