+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: New manager

Like many others, I'm confident the bros will appoint just like they did with IB and LW - so no point speculating on anybody in that case.

I'll just add one caveat - ideally it will be someone able to maintain our momentum from the promotion as well as ticking the boxes for playing identity and concentration on coaching duties. Upward momentum is a rare commodity and it'd be a shame to waste it.

I made no secret that i wanted Karl Robinson. Annoyingly he's gone to Salford, who are leading already. He will take them up within 18 months. We have one chance of getting Eustace and that's no chance. Ainsworth doesn't fit our model at all. I think it will be either Stuart Maynard or Brian Barry Murphy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle95 View Post
    or Brian Barry Murphy.
    Main club as a player? Bury
    Main club as a manager? Rochdale

Reminds me of that Bernard Manning joke. Brian, you're a jinx

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post

He got a lot of plaudits at Rochdale for their style of play despite a tiny budget. He's very well respected, hence why he's manager of the development squad at Man City.

The logic reminds me of a joke in The Simpsons when one of the employees at the Burns Nuclear Power Plant comments:

"Homer Simpson's a great motivator. Everybody else has to work a lot harder when he's on duty!"

For those that wouldn’t have minded Karl Robinson, been sent off 14 minutes in to his Salford managerial debut.

I did read on Twitter Maynard hasn’t actually got his UEFA A licence, not sure if he’s able to manage in the EFL because of that ??

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    For those that wouldn’t have minded Karl Robinson, been sent off 14 minutes in to his Salford managerial debut.
    Yes, sent off for stopping a quick throw. How ridiculous...

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I did read on Twitter Maynard hasn’t actually got his UEFA A licence, not sure if he’s able to manage in the EFL because of that ??
    He won't be able to no

He would say that when they're sitting 12th with 11 clubs ahead of them.
    To be fair, twelfth in the National League is an unbelievable achievement for Wealdstone. Still a genuinely part-time club.

Page 3 of 62 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast