+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 57 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: New manager

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

New manager

OK so the dust is settling now and LW has gone to pastures new... I had a look at the latest manager odds and some scary ones in there...who do you guys think or hope for? I saw John Eustace at 10/1 and Gareth Ainsworth also at 10/1... either for me would be a decent punt.

John Sheridan is available! It will be a mystery person we have never heard of.

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    OK so the dust is settling now and LW has gone to pastures new... I had a look at the latest manager odds and some scary ones in there...who do you guys think or hope for? I saw John Eustace at 10/1 and Gareth Ainsworth also at 10/1... either for me would be a decent punt.
    Wouldn't mind John Eustace but not sure that there is a reasonable chance of that happening

Quote Originally Posted by irish_pie View Post
    I’d stay away from the bookies on this one. Our last 2 managerial appointments were so left field that they didn’t appear in betting odds until it was practically a done deal.
    Whoever comes in will be under pressure and the shadow of LW. It will be a tough gig.
    I hope we somehow have a man in place before Grimsby. It gives him a little time before a tough run, but more importantly a chance to look at the squad and discuss any glaring gaps. Particularly if he wants to move away from 3 at the back.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I’d stay away from the bookies on this one. Our last 2 managerial appointments were so left field that they didn’t appear in betting odds until it was practically a done deal.
    Whoever comes in will be under pressure and the shadow of LW. It will be a tough gig.
    I hope we somehow have a man in place before Grimsby. It gives him a little time before a tough run, but more importantly a chance to look at the squad and discuss any glaring gaps. Particularly if he wants to move away from 3 at the back.
    Maynard’s now shot into 1/4 on from the earlier price of 9/4.
    Everyone is drifting safe to say it’s probably not Warnock 5/2 out to 8s

Quote Originally Posted by WarsopPie View Post
    Maynard’s now shot into 1/4 on from the earlier price of 9/4.
    Everyone is drifting safe to say it’s probably not Warnock 5/2 out to 8s
    Changed again within 5 minutes, someone knows something.

Could the delay have been over him having his personal circumstances to sort before anything could be committed to?

Quote Originally Posted by PTID1862 View Post

Could the delay have been over him having his personal circumstances to sort before anything could be committed to?
    Well it is interesting someone is putting money down when the focus has shifted away from him the last week or so.
    I’d certainly get behind him, don’t care he’s currently part time, same as Warnock when he joined us. Clearly over achieving, clearly a good coach and if he ticks the box of being a good leader I would be more than happy.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I’d certainly get behind him, don’t care he’s currently part time, same as Warnock when he joined us..
    A lot of people seem to think Warnock was managing in non-league when he joined us but Scarborough were in their 2nd season in the FL and were only 9 places below Notts (4th in tier 4) on the day he arrived at Notts, they'd beaten Portsmouth and drawn with Southampton in the League Cup (in the days when it was taken seriously) just a few months earlier.
    Wealdstone are currently 31 places below us.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    Well it is interesting someone is putting money down when the focus has shifted away from him the last week or so.
    I’d certainly get behind him, don’t care he’s currently part time, same as Warnock when he joined us. Clearly over achieving, clearly a good coach and if he ticks the box of being a good leader I would be more than happy.
    Good point about Warnock being part-time when he got the Notts job.

People need to relax and just wait for the white smoke to emerge from the back of the Pavis Stand when the new manager is anointed. It would be lovely if we can get someone who will be here for the long haul and not just 18 months, though.

Quote Originally Posted by PTID1862 View Post

Nobody knows anything, unless the Brothers or the CEO are having a cheeky bet . It's all speculation. Seriously, the amount of money that is being wagered is probably pittance and if I put a hundred quid on Buddy Holly to be the next manager, he'd probably be in the top 3 on the betting list.

That'll be the Day!

Page 1 of 57 1231151 ... LastLast