+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Anass Zaroury off to Hull.

Churlinov and Obafemi haven't actually spent much time on the pitch for us to judge.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Apparently we are exercising the 12 month contract extension.
    We cannot let Brownhill go now surely unless we have given up all hope of survival'

Quote Originally Posted by Vintage Claret View Post
    In our promotion season both Benson and Zaroury played a big part as did Beyer, Harwood-Bellis, Maatsen and Tella.
    Unfortunately we failed to sign Harwood-Bellis and Tella due to what or why I do not know for certain. Maatsen turned down the chance to join us from what we rumors we see.

Having won the championship I would have thought players who played in that winning team would deserve a chance to see if they could perform at Premier League level and in my opinion both Benson and Zaroury have not been given that chance.

Our recruitment during the summer transfer window did seem somewhat bizarre.
    We had two aging strikers in JRod and Barnes, and with Barnes the leaving we needed at least one striker, yet we brought in a surplus of wingers, although Koloesho and Odobert look very good prospects. Of the strikers we kept JRod, Obefemi who appears to be injury prone, Foster with personal problems, but Foster has proved that is the best we have and was sorely missed when he was absent.

Based on our pre-season games I cannot understand signing Redmond over Townsend. At present Bruun Larsen and Tressor have failed to impress, they both appear to have some potential but it is only seen on a spasmodic basis.

In midfiled we signed Berge and I still think he is inconsistant in his performances as is Cullen.

Defensively we need a backup / replacement for Charlie Taylor, who I thought was a better defender then Maatsen but Maaten was better going forward. I am yet to be convinced that either Roberts or Vitiniho is the answer to our right back position.

Surely Kompany and Pace can see what is required or have they accepted that Burnley FC wil lbe playing Chamionship football next year.
    Redmond over Townsend does seem crazy VC unless wages were a real problem which is hard to imagine.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)