+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cowan FA Shrewsbury v Wrecsam

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    He's raised the profile of the club artificially sure.

So has everything single club over the past 40-50 years.

I don't begrudge them their "bought" sucess. He got the club for free, he's spent a realistically "small" amount of money and through raising the clubs profile through the shows etc. He's made it self sustaining....for now.

I'm sure they'll be in a better place in 20 years for his ownership than they were 5/6 years ago.
    Maybe they will follow the Fulham route to success
    I went to Craven Cottage in 1993 for a 1-1 draw . Just looked it up and the attendance was 3,063 so only 2000 + home fans
    Then Al Fayed turned up and the rest is history…..

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I’ve never really liked them after watching us against them over the years but now I feel the same way that I do for Salford.
    I’ve never liked them since I saw us concede 7 at there place in the mid 80’s…….same goes for Burnley.
    Mid week promotion party (3-0 at Racecourse Ground) early 90’s and the Mullin inspired triumph (6-2 at Turf Moor) around 2002/3 softened those earlier blows!!

I have no problem with the Netflix doc...as I choose not to watch them...but its the news coverage they receive that's a bit much, especially the BBC.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    I have no problem with the Netflix doc...as I choose not to watch them...but its the news coverage they receive that's a bit much, especially the BBC.
    The sheep need feeding every now and then

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12