+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The next 4 matches

4 points at best

12 King Jimbo tightens up at the back we win all by a single goal.

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    We need to stop being so generous with away allocation and just allow the minimum 10%

I'll go for 7....win, draw, win, loss
    I can't believe some fans are scared of noisy away fans! Lets say Stockport can bring 4,000 fans, that's 80k before taxes ect.

Notts will probably have 11 or 12,000 fans, so what's the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiPie View Post
    I can't believe some fans are scared of noisy away fans! Lets say Stockport can bring 4,000 fans, that's 80k before taxes ect.

Recent history shows that when the away side gets that sort of number that we usually lose. Especially with them all along the side of the pitch in the JS stand.
    Now whether that is worth £80k ( be less than that because of seniors/juniors ) is another discussion. If we don’t think we have a realistic chance of a play off place then sell them as many as they want.

We've got a tough run of games coming up beyond these four, and I can honestly see is slipping down to midtable if we aren't careful. I'd take six point from those four games, but I think two or three is more likely. We'll get nothing at Field Mill.

Quote Originally Posted by ThaiPie View Post

Who said fans are scared of away fan numbers?? It proved that a large away following boosts the away teams performance. Mayb the extra £££ hekps if you're in mid table but it's nothing £££ wise compared to promotion.

Sell the tickets. The reason we have lost some of the big games has nothing to do with away followings. Against Mansfield the players imploded because Clough got his tactics perfect and we couldn’t cope. Against Wrexham we missed our chances, they didn’t. Both those teams have bigger budgets than Notts. The only way we can improve the squad is to generate wonga… if folk don’t want to sell assets like Macca then a main revenue source is home match days.
    Like an away game it’s down to the players to give us something to make noise about and for those same players to quieten the opposition crowd. At the end of the day, if our players have the same attitude as some fans on here, they shouldn’t bother playing professional football.

Really don't understand the panic about away support. At home we will always out number them at least 2:1 and usually way more. It's a huge revenue stream and that's without taking into account half time food revenue. Players should be well up Fridays like this, I know I am as a fan .

Just noticed my typo 😁 should be up for it on all days, Not just Fridays

Quote Originally Posted by OP67 View Post
    We need to stop being so generous with away allocation and just allow the minimum 10%

I'll go for 7....win, draw, win, loss
    The more in the away stand = £££

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast