+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mansfield tickets....

Mansfield tickets....

.... go on sale to season ticket holders 9am Tuesday.

Me want ticket, give me ticket

Resigned to watching this on the stick of fire.

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    Resigned to watching this on the stick of fire.
    I'm tempted to sit in a dark room until a family member messages me to say "sorry, you've been humiliated again".

But I can't. I don't get to many away games these days, but I'll be in the queue at 9am!

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    I'm tempted to sit in a dark room until a family member messages me to say "sorry, you've been humiliated again".

But I can't. I don't get to many away games these days, but I'll be in the queue at 9am!
    Last time I went was when we played them when Nolan was in charge and we were flying high. I'd already decided not to go, knowing that no matter how well we were doing it would come undone at Field Mill. As the game approached and under severe pressure from my two boys, with the away tickets having run out I bought tickets in the home end... to watch us do exactly as I predicted. Not turn up, get humiliated and lose by a comfortable margin.

I think i've only seen us beat Mansfield twice in the league, and that's going as far back as 1998.

Either way, it's guaranteed we won't turn up, they'll raise their game and their quagmire of a pitch will not suit our game at all. The culmination will be another humiliation.

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post
    Last time I went was when we played them when Nolan was in charge and we were flying high. I'd already decided not to go, knowing that no matter how well we were doing it would come undone at Field Mill. As the game approached and under severe pressure from my two boys, with the away tickets having run out I bought tickets in the home end... to watch us do exactly as I predicted. Not turn up, get humiliated and lose by a comfortable margin.

I think i've only seen us beat Mansfield twice in the league, and that's going as far back as 1998.

Either way, it's guaranteed we won't turn up, they'll raise their game and their quagmire of a pitch will not suit our game at all. The culmination will be another humiliation.
    Same here. Can't really remember the 1997/98 except it being packed and there being more Notts fans than Mansfield (at least it seemed that way if there weren't actually) and the Glynn Hurst and Mike Edwards comeback under Thordarson. Was also there for the Mildenhall goal in the cup tie.

Like you say, it's pretty much a guaranteed win for them by at least 2 goals and we never seem to even be in with a sniff of winning there last 3 or 4 times I've seen us there.

Not been to watch Notts there since 2007 but did go to watch Derby there in the League Cup last season and the Mansfield fans were gobby as usual.

I’ll also be in the online queue at 9. Can’t miss our first trip there after the 4 year break from the EFL. Yes we’re massive underdogs I’d say, yes I’ve witnessed many a humiliation there and at home, not least this season. But also we’ve had some really brilliant wins there and they are always most enjoyable.

We came over from New Zealand in 2016. My son was mascot at the Stevenage game that Notts won 1-0, thanks to Liam Noble.

We were only in England for 10 days, but were lucky to also get the rearranged game against Hartlepool at home that Notts won 1-0, thanks to Jon Stead.

Thing were looking good and Mark Cooper had turned the team around. Then we went to Mansfield.

I can't remember anything good about that day. A load of the Notts away fans were dickheads. It's a god awful ground, in a god awful town (and I'm from Bestwood Estate).

I can't remember Notts even having a chance and then the Mansfield goalkeeper kept taking the pi$$ out of the Notts fans.

5-0 to Mansfield. I'm sure before I moved to New Zealand, Notts used to regularly beat Mansfield.

I fancy our chances this time around .

Quote Originally Posted by Robertomac View Post

Same here. We were top of the league and on a great run, but I knew what would happen that day - and it did. It's always the same.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast