+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: You want consistency but ..........................

You want consistency but ..........................

An item on the BBC website reads as follows:

The first legs of the Carabao Cup semi-finals take place this week but there will be no video assistant referee in operation for the two ties because Middlesbrough's Riverside Stadium does not have the necessary technology.

In a statement, the EFL said: "Given the system is not installed at one of the participating semi-finalist clubs and to maintain fairness and consistency, VAR technology will not be used in the Carabao Cup semi-final stage this season.

"This is in line with previous rounds of this season’s competition when at some grounds, but not all, VAR has been available. VAR is installed at Wembley Stadium and as per our previous commitment VAR will be used in February’s final."

This is an interesting statement from the EFL relating to fairness, however, this does not apply iin the FA Cup because if the game is played on a PL ground they use VAR regardless of who the opposition are.
    Does this not mean that there are more officials involved in a FA Cup match played on a PL ground, therefore, more opinions giving decisions?
    Just proves that consistency does no exist as far as the FA are concerned.

Like my neighbour says mein freund, the PGMOL/EPL/ alliance is consistently inconsistent.

I'm confused with the FA Cup.I thought there were not going to be any replays.I struggle to keep up these days.

Quote Originally Posted by barrie_burn View Post
    I'm confused with the FA Cup.I thought there were not going to be any replays.I struggle to keep up these days.
    There you go barrie, it is only a matter of time before they go because the PL want rid of them!
    https://www.cityam.com/explained-how...heyll-be-axed/

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)