+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 📺Interview: Jim O'Brien

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    If LW liked Swansea that much, then why did he leave ???
    I don't understand your question - how can I answer that?

Or is it rhetorical?

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    Exactly this,if the brothers feel he might have the potential to be a head coach in the future then they would possibly keep him at the club and groom him from within.Now would be to much to soon as a long term fix.
    How would he then get a 'proven track record' if he is never in a managerial role?

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Because things weren't right. Official reason:

https://swansea.*************.co.uk/...ams-departure/

I'm sure if you ask or look on the Swansea board you'll discover more.

But whatever/whoever the problem was it's no longer an issue.

He clearly prefers Swansea to anywhere else (wife?).

Have you ever moved?
    Seems as if link picked up the v1tal and ** it out

https://swansea.v i t a l football.co.uk/swansea-city-boss-explains-reasons-behind-luke-williams-departure/

Try http://tinyurl.com/5yzu8u97 instead or re-write the link

Quote Originally Posted by Lullapie View Post
    How would he then get a 'proven track record' if he is never in a managerial role?
    Step by step, assistant coach, temporary coach (as now) and make a good job if it, lower league coach.

To gain experience and then go back

He's one guy I would not want to pee off, I bet the players have total respect for this guy...I have a feeling he will do well in the time he has the team.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    Our success has been built on finding great young head coaches with a proven track record. With the best will in the world, JOB doesn’t have that. I could easily see him becoming part of the management team, though, working for the new head coach and his assistant.
    There's less failure on his CV than Burchnall had before he joined us, or Luke Williams who's only previous job as head coach was a disaster at Swindon, whatever the circumstances.
    They were both hopeful appointments rather than bankers.

Quote Originally Posted by Reynardpie View Post
    To gain experience and then go back
    Your two posts so far Reynard have both put forward the same idea. Just dropping it in the mix and seeing who picks it up (like me here )?

Just a guess or theory of yours?

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    There's less failure on his CV than Burchnall had before he joined us, or Luke Williams who's only previous job as head coach was a disaster at Swindon, whatever the circumstances.
    They were both hopeful appointments rather than bankers.
    Totally agree. It's alright asking for new blood, with plenty of potential, but then saying that they have to have a proven track record is ridiculous.

Added to that, how many managers have we had that have a massive managerial CV and completely failed for one reason or another?

It’s just something that keeps niggling me. I think something similar happened with Lampard when he was at Derby and Chelsea came knocking.
    I guess I’m just an old cynic and thinking the worst of people. I’ll try and stop repeating myself. I think JOB is an excellent choice for where we are now and hope he does well in the presumably short time he’ll have the reins.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast