+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 📺Interview: Jim O'Brien

Quote Originally Posted by optipez View Post
    There's less failure on his CV than Burchnall had before he joined us, or Luke Williams who's only previous job as head coach was a disaster at Swindon, whatever the circumstances.
    They were both hopeful appointments rather than bankers.
    Burchnall and Williams both had years of coaching on their CVs, JOB has none. If he wants to apply for the job, great, but I’d expect the bros to pick someone with some experience and not go for what might be seen as the emotional choice. And there are only hopeful appointments when it comes to football managers, no one is a guarantee of success.

Quote Originally Posted by Reynardpie View Post
    It’s just something that keeps niggling me. I think something similar happened with Lampard when he was at Derby and Chelsea came knocking.
    I guess I’m just an old cynic and thinking the worst of people. I’ll try and stop repeating myself.
    Right. I doubt there's that level of scheming, but vague intentions, expressions of interest in working together again - sure.

Bottom line for me is that we're a Football League club again. NA and IB seasons were like one of those nightmares where you never get to the place you have to go to, so I'll take the abandonment, either spontaneous/organic or premeditated.

I tried to allude to it before (but may have sounded a bit rude towards JOB ) but as he mentions, the fact that we have a well rehearsed method all he has to worry about is implementing it. The advantage of playing our way and not constantly changing things radically make it so much easier.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    I tried to allude to it before (but may have sounded a bit rude towards JOB ) but as he mentions, the fact that we have a well rehearsed method all he has to worry about is implementing it. The advantage of playing our way and not constantly changing things radically make it so much easier.
    Yeah, every time we've been in this situation before, fans have rightly wondered what will change. It's great that the identity we have is already so well-ingrained that those kind of questions are off the table.

It's a really interesting point. There's not a lot of debate about our new manager either. There's an acceptance that the club will appoint someone (probably a person we've not thought of, let alone mentioned) and then things will carry on in the same direction.

Guess it's a sign of how stable things are these days and the strength of identity the club now has. Long may that continue.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234