+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are we interested in any players

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    OK, you're in charge, pick the team that will scrap for a 0-0 draw this Friday. As you've already pointed out in another post, there's hardly a decent tackle in the entire squad, we couldn't kick our way out of a soggy paper bag, we're too nice.
    Go on then I'll bite, if fit:
    Muric,
    Roberts O'Shea, Beyer, Taylor,
    Brownhill, Cork, Cullen, Berge, Zaroury,
    Foster.

When you're playing top ten teams at home with horrible regularity, you're going to lose at home with horrible regularity. Do you know how many bottom half teams have taken points off us at Turf Moor this season ? Just two, Crystal Palace and Everton. Friday will tell us more.
    What you are really saying mon ami is we are nowhere near good enough for the EPL.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    What you are really saying mon ami is we are nowhere near good enough for the EPL.
    I would have thought the answer to that was obvious BT.

Problem for Vinni trying to develop young talent is that he has a squad of 25-30 players but he can only start 11 in any one game. In addition to which he has to put a team out that has the best chance of keeping us in this division. Not a big surprise if he falls between the two stools.
    Is it not possible in a game we are clearly losing to let players we try to develop have a go? To give that time to Bruun Larsen is a waste for me.

I cant believe we are interested in buying a goalkeeper!!! Royal Antwerp goalkeeper Jean Butez. Of all the positions this is probably the last position that needs strengthening if correct VK has lost the plot. I notice we are also interested in bringing in a midfielder Pape Gueye. Know little about him but any strengthening is a step in the right direction,

I've heard we're trying to get Liverpool full-back Conor Bradley on loan, he was on loan at Bolton last season.
    This boy looked very good in the short time he played v Arsenal.

Loan moves for young talents ffs.. It’s the last thing we need!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The evidence so far is that we're not good enough for the top ten in the PL, With a lot of the dross to play at Turf Moor yet, coupled with our gradual improvement, we might prove to be good enough to survive in the bottom half. Time will tell.

I can't see us getting Conor Bradley on loan from Liverpool now because Trent Alexander-Arnold has suffered knee ligament damage in the cup game last weekend and will be out for a time.
    Bradley is in the Liverpool team tonight in the Carabao Cuop semi-final and is starting at left back so I can't see them letting him out on loan with all the other injuries that they have.
    Of course, I could well be wrong. Who knows in football these days?

Started at right back.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)