+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: In praise of Sean.

In praise of Sean.

Sorry, this is a bit yesterday's news, I meant to mention this a week ago but forgot all about it until tonight.

Going back to New Year's Day and the little, cheating **** Jota diving for the pen against Newcastle. I want to gave a special mention to Newcastle's Sean Longstaff, not too long afterwards Sean had the chance to tackle Jota and made a proper job of it, he gave the little **** a right whack and got a yellow card for his troubles, it was just long after the pen not to be too obviously retribution, but retribution it surely was.

I'm fairly certain about this because I know who Sean's dad is, David Longstaff was a professional Ice Hockey player for Whitley Bay Warriors and GB. We spent a lot of time at my sister's in Tynemouth back in the day and often saw David playing for the Warriors. You didn't want to take liberties with him, like father, like son, well done Sean, but you should have kicked the little **** even harder.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Sorry, this is a bit yesterday's news, I meant to mention this a week ago but forgot all about it until tonight.

Going back to New Year's Day and the little, cheating **** Jota diving for the pen against Newcastle. I want to gave a special mention to Newcastle's Sean Longstaff, not too long afterwards Sean had the chance to tackle Jota and made a proper job of it, he gave the little **** a right whack and got a yellow card for his troubles, it was just long after the pen not to be too obviously retribution, but retribution it surely was.

I'm fairly certain about this because I know who Sean's dad is, David Longstaff was a professional Ice Hockey player for Whitley Bay Warriors and GB. We spent a lot of time at my sister's in Tynemouth back in the day and often saw David playing for the Warriors. You didn't want to take liberties with him, like father, like son, well done Sean, but you should have kicked the little **** even harder.
    Loved reading this sinkov because Sean is a player I like and his actions in this case are how I would be playing the game these days. It was never really the case when I was playing, however, as Ken and I have always agreed, if a player goes down to win free kicks, penalties etc. or even to try to get his opponent booked someone should ensure that the next time he goes down he has a good excuse!
    Well done Sean.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post

Just proper football that Sinkov and jota so deserved a sweetener for his kidology

In us against Liverpool I was gutted that Beyer didn’t take the ball / man and everything with it in an opportunity against Nunez - instead he wimped out and gave the attacker the advantage - I’ve said before at Burnley we are just too nice !

So well done longstaff ( I don’t want anyone injured intentionally) but a solid reminder your in a proper game goes a long way in my book.

Our current lot do do not have a proper tackle in them.

Like army88 constantly reminds us, "We are just too nice!"

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)