+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Starting line up at Cardiff

Starting line up at Cardiff

What would you do ?
    What will Farke do ?
    Right back Archie or Shack
    Left Back
    Firpo or Shack or anyone else
    Centre defense Cooper or Ampsdu
    Centre mid Ampadu or Gruev
    Forward Bamford presumably with Rutter and James and Cree ?
    I think it's interesting if he trusts Cooper or does he think he needs his aggression at Cardiff. Left back is still an issue. Will change occur up front. Will centre mid be impacted. Who at right back ?

Meslier Shackleton Gray Rodon Cooper Ampadu Kamara James Summerville Rutter Bamford

Klaesson Firpo Cresswell Gnonto Anthony Poveda Gruev Piroe Joseph

Christy and McGurk to travel with squad as backups

I'm assuming we have 3 injuries, Darlow Struijk and Byram

can I just say how nice it is that we actually have competition at most of our positions!

this doesn't even include the U-21's which likely have a candidate or two to step up.

Might be silly and superstitious but I'd keep playing Klaeson until he loses.

Klaeson hasn't really put a foot wrong but expect Meslier to start.

Be interesting to see how Farke see's this one team wise.

We have no competition for full backs, as we have none, we play midfielders playing out of position as full backs and firpo ..that's it...not good in my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Klaeson hasn't really put a foot wrong but expect Meslier to start.

Be interesting to see how Farke see's this one team wise.
    TBH Rev I didn't realise Meslier was available. Thought he was available next game. I now expect him to start.

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    We have no competition for full backs, as we have none, we play midfielders playing out of position as full backs and firpo ..that's it...not good in my opinion
    Agree Norfolk. I thought this would be addressed in the transfer window, particularly LB. I understand DF needs to utilise players in the squad to account for their salary but it could cost us promotion by failing to address areas which leave us behind our competitors. Small margins but all important I think.

We seem to have an allergy to signing proper left backs.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    We seem to have an allergy to signing proper left backs.
    I was going to reply that we did sign Firpo but I realized you have used "proper" in the British fashion. Almost got caught out again. On the thread topic, I think Firpo will be called upon to play left back at Cardiff. I think Farke will play Gray at right back. I think Spence would have been good at right back as that is his natural position, but now he is back at Spurs and Ayling is gone, we now have a hole to fill that we didn't have 2 weeks ago. I suspect Byram is not that far off fitness. I think the bigger question is does Farke start Barndoor Bamford? Bamford, Rutter and Piroe cannot all start. I am inclined to start Rutter and Barndoor, but Rutter has not played much with Bamford. Different type of striker to Piroe. I just don't know. My guess is Farke will decide based on opposition, which combination would hurt them more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)