+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sven Goran Eriksson

Didn't really like the garbage the press put out about him but he certainly was a gent with us.

Quote Originally Posted by Trispie View Post
    He was the only Decent thing in the whole Munto farce. It would be nice to see him at the lane one last time but i doubt it would happen!
    Could not have summed it up better.

SGE = absolute top bloke. I think the club should honour him in some way. It'd be great if he could get to a match.

A shining beacon of hope in some dark and very weird times when Munto was found out. Such sad news.

Sven was made joint life president of football. It would be good to see him back, but from his points of view maybe Notts is a chapter of his life he wouldn't want to revisit in the limited time he has left.

He treated Notts much better than Notts treated him, and for that I'll be thankful.

Sad news to hear. I agree with other people’s comments that the club should do something to honour him while he is still with us. At least invite him and give him the opportunity to say no or recorded video link or something so he doesn’t have to travel.

As others have said he had a contract and could have decided he wanted it honouring if he wanted to. He would have been well within his rights. So any title he was given should not have been stripped or taken off him.

He helped the club by being a gentlemen and thinking more about football than taking money that what owed. We should remember and always be grateful and thankful to him for this.

Sad news to hear. I’m a semi regular on here, but people should recognise my avatar, which hasn’t changed since 2009.
    I was fortunate enough to meet SGE quite a few times during his time here and he was an absolutely lovely guy. Genuine, friendly and extremely polite. He shared many stories about his football life and his overall experiences in the world.
    I’m sure he’ll fight the cancer to the end with dignity, bus also assured he’ll make the most of the time he’s got left when he is able to.
    I hope an offer from Notts for him to visit will be extended as his actions at the time with us were beyond honourable and helped us through a difficult time, which until last couple of years, struggled to escape from.
    Total respect for the man.

I echo all the sentiments above. Very sad to hear this news.

It's a fact that Sven by virtue of his status in the game, especially his success in Italy, has travelled around the world getting very well paid for his work, but what's wrong with that? Most people given those opportunities would do the same.

My memory of Sven at Notts is that he carried out his work in an exemplary fashion and had time for everyone he met, not just in the PR sense of shaking hands and taking photos and being a good ambassador, but attending the Notts County youngsters and youth games on Sunday morning to assess the next generation and generally undertaking all the duties you would expect of a Director of Football.

As a man, he was - and is - unfailing courteous and respectful of other people, and he brought some wonderful stardust to Notts County FC even if it turned out that he had been conned as much as us. By most accounts his willingness to write off a lot of the money we contractually owed him played a big part in saving the club.

I hope the club can find a way of sending him the best wishes of Notts County fans at this difficult time. I'm sure the comments on this thread speak for many of us.

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    I echo all the sentiments above. Very sad to hear this news.

It's a fact that Sven by virtue of his status in the game, especially his success in Italy, has travelled around the world getting very well paid for his work, but what's wrong with that? Most people given those opportunities would do the same.

My memory of Sven at Notts is that he carried out his work in an exemplary fashion and had time for everyone he met, not just in the PR sense of shaking hands and taking photos and being a good ambassador, but attending the Notts County youngsters and youth games on Sunday morning to assess the next generation and generally undertaking all the duties you would expect of a Director of Football.

As a man, he was - and is - unfailing courteous and respectful of other people, and he brought some wonderful stardust to Notts County FC even if it turned out that he had been conned as much as us. By most accounts his willingness to write off a lot of the money we contractually owed him played a big part in saving the club.

I hope the club can find a way of sending him the best wishes of Notts County fans at this difficult time. I'm sure the comments on this thread speak for many of us.
    Just seen on sky news his dieing wish is to see England v Brazil in 2 months on the 23rd March surely someone ok here has contacts within the club that can get the bros too also offer the hospitality to attend our home game on the 24th?

Quote Originally Posted by cher1 View Post
    Sven was made joint life president of football. It would be good to see him back, but from his points of view maybe Notts is a chapter of his life he wouldn't want to revisit in the limited time he has left.

He treated Notts much better than Notts treated him, and for that I'll be thankful.
    I Can only echo these words, he was a true gentleman throughout his time with us. I hope he does come and visit us for old times sakes so he could feel our love for him.!

My mistake had a few to drink last night and got the months and dates mixed up

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12