+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T Mr. Bates v The Post Office.

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Likewise I speak from experience and indeed having to consider the option of leaving an organisation with no reference and no compensation merely for pointing out how it was breaking the law! I did in the ned agree a NDA and got a payoff, but found a way of ensuring that the required regulatory body got a detailed dossier on what was going on with no link back to me, which had the result required though it was still a risk to me if anyone had twigged, until the action was taken.
    Been there, done that, in my IT days. Spotted something illegal. Told the board I knew. I was immediately offered a payoff. I said double it and you have a deal. 6 months later, the truth hit the fan when the SEC (it was a US firm) investigated. Found out that the books showed $2.5BN in sales over 3 years. Truth was $800M. The share price was kept artificially high to boost the value of share options for the "ITK". I didn't have share options. The company folded and its software products were bought out by a competitor who replaced their own, similar, products with ours as ours were better. Greed was at the core....

So the PO doesn’t know where the money ‘paid back’ by sub postmasters went and Fujitsu knew about the ‘bugs in their system’ back in 1999.
    Oh what a tangled web....!

Mm its getting fruity, Henry Staunton, the Post Office chair (since 2022) sacked by Badenoch, now attacking her version of events and claiming he can prove it, she uses parliamentary privilege to rebut his claims, but is so incandescent with rage she makes a tw@t of herself!

I'd love to see her completely defenestrated and shown up for the useless, lying git she is!!

Taking it all on face value:

1. Heads should roll in a flood of sackings
    2. Criminal charges should be levied on all those who broke the Law, be they MP, Minister, Civil Servant, PO employee, PO owner, Fujitsu owner, Fujitsu employee

This cannot and must not be swept under the carpet.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Taking it all on face value:

1. Heads should roll in a flood of sackings
    2. Criminal charges should be levied on all those who broke the Law, be they MP, Minister, Civil Servant, PO employee, PO owner, Fujitsu owner, Fujitsu employee

This cannot and must not be swept under the carpet.
    I agree, though you are optimistic with the cannot, still maybe Labour should step in and say they will ensure compensation payments paid and criminal convictions quashed if this government doesn't manage it before its kicked out of office and then commit to an in depth investigation in which anyone proven to have acted fraudulently, dishonestly or in a criminal manner will be subject to appropriate legal action?

I agree, though you are optimistic with the cannot, still maybe Labour should step in and say they will ensure compensation payments paid and criminal convictions quashed if this government doesn't manage it before its kicked out of office and then commit to an in depth investigation in which anyone proven to have acted fraudulently, dishonestly or in a criminal manner will be subject to appropriate legal action?
    Maybe cannot be allowed would have been a better choice of words.

Maybe cannot be allowed would have been a better choice of words.

Its the cannot, absolutely agree, but hey if the Tories can give billions to friends, relatives and party supporters for dodgy PPE in a crisis, then they can do almost anything!!

Its the cannot, absolutely agree, but hey if the Tories can give billions to friends, relatives and party supporters for dodgy PPE in a crisis, then they can do almost anything!!
    The incoming government following this year's election WON'T lift a finger to trace the missing PPE money paid for supplies that never arrived or supplies that were found to be substandard if it's the Tories again. If it's Labour then they should have paragraphs in their manifesto stating they will not only chase up all the PPE money and hit any wrongdoers with the full force of the Law but they will also do the same with those within government, PO, Fujitsu and the Civil Service who have crossed the line.

That would surely be a vote winner?

The incoming government following this year's election WON'T lift a finger to trace the missing PPE money paid for supplies that never arrived or supplies that were found to be substandard if it's the Tories again. If it's Labour then they should have paragraphs in their manifesto stating they will not only chase up all the PPE money and hit any wrongdoers with the full force of the Law but they will also do the same with those within government, PO, Fujitsu and the Civil Service who have crossed the line.

One would think so! And of course those missing billions would come in mighty handy for any spending plans!!

It’d get my vote…but more to the point…morally, ethically and legally it is the correct thing to do.
    Unfortunately it’ll also cost a fortune and many of those ‘wrongdoers’ will be well able to afford the best representation that money can buy so, just like the Covid enquiry, guess who’ll have to meet the cost of seeking justice and prosecuting the wealthy wrongdoers.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)