Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
Likewise I speak from experience and indeed having to consider the option of leaving an organisation with no reference and no compensation merely for pointing out how it was breaking the law! I did in the ned agree a NDA and got a payoff, but found a way of ensuring that the required regulatory body got a detailed dossier on what was going on with no link back to me, which had the result required though it was still a risk to me if anyone had twigged, until the action was taken.
Been there, done that, in my IT days. Spotted something illegal. Told the board I knew. I was immediately offered a payoff. I said double it and you have a deal. 6 months later, the truth hit the fan when the SEC (it was a US firm) investigated. Found out that the books showed $2.5BN in sales over 3 years. Truth was $800M. The share price was kept artificially high to boost the value of share options for the "ITK". I didn't have share options. The company folded and its software products were bought out by a competitor who replaced their own, similar, products with ours as ours were better. Greed was at the core....