+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Incomings.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    This season has left me more baffled than depressed. I just can't weigh it up.
    Now I'm equally baffled and depressed.

Quote Originally Posted by FromTheDarkness View Post
    Vinney said after the Luton game.. where we could have brought in a game changer before the game.. to push on for a win, signing also boost morale and dressing rooms....
    Another "decision"
    The more I listen to the words and a the retric the more I am reside to the fact that VK and Pace think its alright we will walk it next season and just bounce back.. we done it easy so it will be a breeze right!
    Instead of acknowledging that Rovers with money, PNE with one of the richest guys in the UK... have been stuck in the Championship for decades..
    We should have invested to stay UP like Luton and not for this Poundland Brighton grand plan of in 5 years time..
    You may well be right FTD, and unfortunately it seems we're going to have to find out the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    David Fofana on his way,apparently deal done and dusted
    Done deal.

Attachment 25588

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    You may well be right FTD, and unfortunately it seems we're going to have to find out the hard way.
    You said, "Wait and see what Friday brings". It brought.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    You said, "Wait and see what Friday brings". It brought.
    It would have brought three points but for the standard VAR feck up, nowt me, you, vinni or Mr Pace can do about that.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    It would have brought three points but for the standard VAR feck up, nowt me, you, vinni or Mr Pace can do about that.
    My lad said, "don't worry dad the referee was probably unsighted VAR will correct it". Wrong!

The AR was right in line with it but they do not seem to flag the big decisions.

I can't even be optimistic, I now think what the point.
    We are going down, why are we giving Premier game time to someone else's player, and paying for the privilege?
    Should have bought a player with next season in mind or recalled Costello, give him the game time.
    Season is done, what's the point?

We had a game changer on the field ,I could hear the sigh of relief from Luton over here in MN when we took him off.

Just one loan ranger in and tick tock goes the clock in the January transfer window, same as it ever was indeed. Dyche gone, Garlick gone, John B gone, mais plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

We were told that our 10 bob millionaire owners couldn't compete financially in the PL and would sell the club to serious investors. Well they sold the club alright but our new owners don't have a pot to piss in and now a Luxembourg based finance company have a charge on Turf Moor and Gawthorpe as our 'investor owners' scrabble around the financial world doing loan deal after loan deal, but not for players, but to keep the club afloat presumably.

There are two aspects of any football club, the more public playing side, results, performances, players, manager, tactics, team selections etc. and the more opaque financial side. While most fans concern themselves and worry about the former, it's the latter that worries me, here we are in January, heading for relegation at a rate of knots, Turf Moor and Gawthorpe have just been re-mortgaged and there is no money to strengthen the squad. Haven't we been here before, wasn't selling the club supposed to resolve this sort of issue ? It looks more and more to me like we have been right royally shafted and the prospect of it all ending in tears is growing more and more likely by the month.

VK has already said we cannot afford to spend the sort of money "EPL Ready" players cost.

It now seems obvious that the gamble was that players brought in at the last window when over £100 million was spent would be enough to help us maintain a credible EPL challenge.

If I was in Alan Pace's shoes I would lock the Dry Powder Store door too mon ami.

In reality we need another left back pretty urgently, the rest can wait until July when we will know exactly what our financial situation is.

Sift through this lot...

https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/c...ldings-limited

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)