+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Charlie Cresswell Dilemma ?

[QUOTE=Billyni;40425993]Loan Cooper keep creswell[/QUOTE

X2

Does Cooper get a senior citizen discount at the local eatery?

We’ll lose Charlie and he’ll be a star elsewhere

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    Does Cooper get a senior citizen discount at the local eatery?

We’ll lose Charlie and he’ll be a star elsewhere
    Indeed - apparently Cooper wasn’t fit enough to play at Posh and yet he was put on the bench ahead of Cresswell - doesn’t leave Cresswell many options.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Farke, Damn well right to come out & re-state his case on Cresswell current situation, imo.

Fair play to Farke, now he knows Spurs have just spent massive on a new center-back in Radu Dragusin, a £26.7m (€31m) from Genoa & their other center-back Eric Dier going to Bayern.

Dropping a hint to our owners to get Rodon signed up pronto i'd suggest too.

Charlies Dad Richard Cresswell was Leeds United Head of Academy Coaching working across age groups from primary school age to under-23 level overseeing the implementation of training methods which would aligned each squad together before leaving the club under Radz.
    He's currently helping coaching at my old college workplace in York where he still lives & he defo knows how the game works structure, finance & Agent wise & keeps busy on his media accounts regarding both his sons.

With our injury situation now i'd be okay with Ampadu at CB with young Shacks at RB & Gray creating in MF. Will do for me. 👍
    "Damn right to come out and re-state his case",hmmmm. Had he been a little less childish and intemperate in his response to the input from Richard Cresswell, no "re-stating" would have been needed. He could have closed the whole discussion down, when asked what was going on "Normal to have discussions with players at all stages of the season and especially during transfer windows, nothing more to say". All else takes place behind closed doors until concluded, then we don't have quite the "negotiation by media" that will now inevitably ensue.

Btw, not sure what Spurs spending any amount on anyone has to do with our ongoing struggles to establish a solid back line, do you really think Parathe and others are going to get bounced into a Rodon deal?

For what it's worth I have actually enjoyed reading this thread. I believe you all have valid points so therefore imo it's not a black and white matter.
    In general I support the loan Cooper and keep Charlie. Or have Charlie has number 3. But Farke sees performance daily, both physically and mentally.
    Maybe we are looking at options which means people out and cash coming in would be helpful ?
    In regards to DF going public. Not my way of doing things. TBH I haven't heard the details so can't really comment too much.
    I hope we don't regret letting our home grown player go and he becomes a top player but neither do I blame Farke. I just have to trust his daily assessment of the squad.
    Rodon could be viewed by Spurs has someiworth keeping due to his performances. He's doing well and his price could raise considerably. Not entirely dissimilar to Ben White situation.

Not sure this is anything to do with talent though - it seems if any player with ambition expresses an opinion or asks why they are not getting game time then Farke sees that as dissent.

I believe Cresswell has only played in 3 games for us this season and nothing since November.

Putting an injured Cooper on the bench ahead of him in the cup seemed a little childish.

Quote Originally Posted by Sniffer999 View Post
    For what it's worth I have actually enjoyed reading this thread. I believe you all have valid points so therefore imo it's not a black and white matter.
    In general I support the loan Cooper and keep Charlie. Or have Charlie has number 3. But Farke sees performance daily, both physically and mentally.
    Maybe we are looking at options which means people out and cash coming in would be helpful ?
    In regards to DF going public. Not my way of doing things. TBH I haven't heard the details so can't really comment too much.
    I hope we don't regret letting our home grown player go and he becomes a top player but neither do I blame Farke. I just have to trust his daily assessment of the squad.
    Rodon could be viewed by Spurs has someiworth keeping due to his performances. He's doing well and his price could raise considerably. Not entirely dissimilar to Ben White situation.
    Its been quoted that attitude is the equal of ability by Farke - so now the Leeds squad are on notice of what is expected otherwise they'll be shown the door under his watch.

His job has gotta be ruthless in pursuit of a positive club culture after last seasons "big-heads exit" out of ER.
    On another thread on 'What's required in Jan window' i stated our squad was out of kilter - i recall.

Was reading the advice given to Charlie at Millwall by then Coach Rowett when CC joined them stating.
    "If you looked at the start of the season his strength could sometimes be his weakness.
    His aggressiveness & want to do well attitude was not balanced as in his position you have to play with a calm head as well as aggression".
    He also picked up some nasty injuries i note at Millwall & a head injury for Leeds recently too with his combat playing style - so lots to consider overall on his development.

From a goalkeeping perspective i know who i'd want in front of me over 90 minutes out of the 4 named center-backs.

Looking at the situation now with Rodon & Pascal then i'd say Farke wants calm center-backs as ball playing defenders who are confident receiving the ball quickly bringing it under control while constantly scanning for potential passes & when gaining possession under pressure they'll need to dribble it past opponents which requires quality close ball control skills.

Obviously the training ground daily highlights strengths & weaknesses of players to all the Coaching staff.
    Balanced by the required "financials" strategy of player recruitment at Leeds now.

Maybe Farke has to prioritise to get what we require to strengthen & who to let go, to get it.

Just saying, folks.
    Last edited by Monaco_Totty; 12-01-2024 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Its been quoted that attitude is the equal of ability by Farke - so now the Leeds squad are on notice of what is expected otherwise they'll be shown the door under his watch.

His job has gotta be ruthless in pursuit of a positive club culture after last seasons "big-heads exit" out of ER.
    On another thread on 'What's required in Jan window' i stated our squad was out of kilter - i recall.

Was reading the advice given to Charlie at Millwall by then Coach Rowett when CC joined them stating.
    "If you looked at the start of the season his strength could sometimes be his weakness.
    His aggressiveness & want to do well attitude was not balanced as in his position you have to play with a calm head as well as aggression".
    He also picked up some nasty injuries i note at Millwall & a head injury for Leeds recently too with his combat playing style - so lots to consider overall on his development.

From a goalkeeping perspective i know who i'd want in front of me over 90 minutes out of the 4 named center-backs.

Looking at the situation now with Rodon & Pascal then i'd say Farke wants calm center-backs as ball playing defenders who are confident receiving the ball quickly bringing it under control while constantly scanning for potential passes & when gaining possession under pressure they'll need to dribble it past opponents which requires quality close ball control skills.

Obviously the training ground daily highlights strengths & weaknesses of players to all the Coaching staff.
    Balanced by the required "financials" strategy of player recruitment at Leeds now.

Maybe Farke has to prioritise to get what we require to strengthen & who to let go, to get it.

Just saying, folks.
    Bad attitude is toxic but it depends how you define bad attitude.

Seems Farke has his own definition of what that means - if you listen to the interview it seems Farke is upset as Charlie is not happy with being 4th choice - Farke seemingly wants him to accept his fate and accept that.

Young talented players need ambition to match the talent - maybe explains a little why Farke has never been that successful in the top leagues.

Having young talent in the squad is a gift that needs to be carefully managed - not seen a lot of that management this season on multiple fronts.

Would be surprised if Cresswell as suddenly turned into a bad apple as he has previously had glowing reports about his attitude and willingness to learn and develop..

If he is frustrated then perhaps that is a little understandable.

He has a decent squad he just needs to use it better.

Go through the motions and shut up.
    Is that Farkes man?

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Go through the motions and shut up.
    Is that Farkes man?
    Yes

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)