+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Charlie Cresswell Dilemma ?

Agree with the sentiment that "He's one of ours" & Rodon aint.

But as a young pro (Charlie is 21) you dont make pressure & if you do it must be handled in differing ways.
    For starters, maintaining composure & concentration in training otherwise anxiety & panic will impair judgement, which can result in bad choices whether your a GK, CH, CF or Coach.

A glance on "matchdays posts" on here shows how raw emotions flow often out of control.

My 'bro at 19 plays for the club he supported as a boy & is honoured to be with them since 10 years old.

He is currently 4th keeper & similar to Charlie football-experience wise.
    NO WAY would he conduct himself in such a manner let alone have my Mum/Dad have a pop via social media at the club which has bought him through the ranks, given him ALL the support needed (family too) when required.

He bleeds the club colours, is a fan who attends all first team games when he can with his childhood friends & if the day comes to leave his dream to play in the first team then he would have to go elsewhere to further his career, end of !

But "never" would he get into such a ridiculous situation of a Coach questioning his attitude.
    I once worked in a Careers office & seen too many kids demanding better jobs before even gaining the experience required in all aspects of working conditions including "respecting your working colleagues around you" !

Football playing at home in torrential rain with bugger all to do in the game (until 2mins 40 of clip) with the local vocal Ultras behind my 'bro - prepared, mentally ready to help his team when called upon.

Just saying, Charlie.

Euro Youth Nantes v HJK Helsinki
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=RZD0lYhr...xnZKi_kv1nTvF_

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    Not saying to put Farke comments aside...but again, you have deflected about the attitude of the bloke in question...Cresswell. 100% sure he isn't kicking the bucket around to some degree?? I don't know...and neither is anyone else sure. Only guided by what you are hearing in media.
    At least Hope tried to be civil with his response...unlike your usual personal rant including I'm from a different planet. Enjoy....
    What "media" reports are you hearing? You expect civility when you appear to be prepared to take the public shaming of a (relative long standing) junior player by his (relative newcomer) coach in no evidence whatsoever, whilst discounting all that has been reported of the junior players performance by fellow Leeds players and those he has played amongst whilst on loan.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post

Agree with the sentiment that "He's one of ours" & Rodon aint.

But as a young pro (Charlie is 21) you dont make pressure & if you do it must be handled in differing ways.
    For starters, maintaining composure & concentration in training otherwise anxiety & panic will impair judgement, which can result in bad choices whether your a GK, CH, CF or Coach.

A glance on "matchdays posts" on here shows how raw emotions flow often out of control.

My 'bro at 19 plays for the club he supported as a boy & is honoured to be with them since 10 years old.

He is currently 4th keeper & similar to Charlie football-experience wise.
    NO WAY would he conduct himself in such a manner let alone have my Mum/Dad have a pop via social media at the club which has bought him through the ranks, given him ALL the support needed (family too) when required.

He bleeds the club colours, is a fan who attends all first team games when he can with his childhood friends & if the day comes to leave his dream to play in the first team then he would have to go elsewhere to further his career, end of !

But "never" would he get into such a ridiculous situation of a Coach questioning his attitude.
    I once worked in a Careers office & seen too many kids demanding better jobs before even gaining the experience required in all aspects of working conditions including "respecting your working colleagues around you" !

Football playing at home in torrential rain with bugger all to do in the game (until 2mins 40 of clip) with the local vocal Ultras behind my 'bro - prepared, mentally ready to help his team when called upon.

Just saying, Charlie.

Euro Youth Nantes v HJK Helsinki
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=RZD0lYhr...xnZKi_kv1nTvF_
    And yet again, we have a poster asserting that "But "never" would he get into such a ridiculous situation of a Coach questioning his attitude."

Who is stating that Cresswell has put himself into a situation where "a coach is questioning his attitude"??? Der Fuhrer, or someone else, please do tell?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    What "media" reports are you hearing? You expect civility when you appear to be prepared to take the public shaming of a (relative long standing) junior player by his (relative newcomer) coach in no evidence whatsoever, whilst discounting all that has been reported of the junior players performance by fellow Leeds players and those he has played amongst whilst on loan.
    What the phook are you ranting about? At no stage have I said I personally hold a grudge against Cresswell ...and have added that Farke should have handled it better. I don't know if he is contributuing to the situation or not, but it is definitely all one sided as far as you are concerned! Without being personally involved naturally! Your continued comments about one of our own prodigy being treated this way, lends me to think that your thoughts on the matter may be a little biased due to these also. Wonder if Farke would be soley responsible if it had of been Rutter or Piroe for instance? 🤔 Should never wear the shirt again probably....
    Final comment.... Enjoy the temporary truce with Hope, as I'm sure normal business will be resumed shortly. 😉

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    What the phook are you ranting about? At no stage have I said I personally hold a grudge against Cresswell ...and have added that Farke should have handled it better. I don't know if he is contributuing to the situation or not, but it is definitely all one sided as far as you are concerned! Without being personally involved naturally! Your continued comments about one of our own prodigy being treated this way, lends me to think that your thoughts on the matter may be a little biased due to these also. Wonder if Farke would be soley responsible if it had of been Rutter or Piroe for instance? 🤔 Should never wear the shirt again probably....
    Final comment.... Enjoy the temporary truce with Hope, as I'm sure normal business will be resumed shortly. 😉
    Didn't say you hold a grudge (try finding that in previous posts) simply that you seem willung to take a single press conference statement by our new coach as evidence that a youth player who is nonetheless of long standing at LUFC, has a "bad attitude" with no other supporting evidence, quite the contrary where all other external observers would suggest otherwise.

As for what would happen if other players were so badly treated, the response would be exactly the same under the same circumstances, I don't play favourites when it sime to contributing to team performances , never have, never will.

Having said that, I'd prefer to see a quality home grown talent given the opportunity to shine (a la Gray, but without necessarily having the benefit of a family history at LUFC), as opposed to spending wasteful amounts on a newbie who never "becomes" what us hoped for (as if that never happened!)

Btw, there's no "truce" of any sort between me and any other poster, just sometimes our views coincide.

And we won, eh?!

All’s well that Cresswell…

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    And we won, eh?!

He didn't play, nor was he on the bench, that's the point! 😉

Perhaps he wasn't well.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    He didn't play, nor was he on the bench, that's the point! 😉
    You’ve got me there!

Quote Originally Posted by Orgoner View Post
    And we won, eh?!

That's has to be post of the year for me Orgs

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)