+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Swindon

... yeah WBW, How very dare you !!!

Great result today - thought we might be in trouble when they scored, but this team never give up ...

Bold substitutions by the management, and CBR regaining his Midas touch (or is that Adidas touch?) ...

3 points - that'll do

Just one more point - the opposing teams must hate playing us, because they never know what formation we will choose ...

Have a feeling that Ryan Dicker may have had some leverage in moving Offord into more of a DM role (?)

Scrappy 3 points but 3 points!!
    We'll need more incoming and more returns to rest some of the warriors and then maybe the fluidity will come back. Do wish we'd move the ball out of the back a bit more quickly.
    Offord was MOTM for me. He seems to be enjoying the role getting his foot in all the time and occasionally finding himself on the edge of the box.
    I also think the sooner we give Billington an extension to his contract, the better!
    Do you think Long ever works on not being onside?🙂

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Hard work, graft and effort got us 3 points today. Gotta get used to using those type of words about a Crewe side. When the football doesn't flow, it's what's making the difference. Just a point...5 out of the fluid back 6 are Academy grads. Where would we be without it!!
    I am not sure where we would be without it. I think it not unreasonable to say we might not even be in existence. Offord and Adebisi will have improved contracts from when they broke into the team but O' Riordan, Booth and Billington will be on pretty low wages and to have to sign players (in the absence of an Academy) there would be the inevitable signing on fee, possible transfer fee and obviously higher wasges. Hard to sustain that without big crowds and investment. Academy doing its job here.

Quote Originally Posted by frogpole View Post
    ... yeah WBW, How very dare you !!!
    Brave...or stupid lol. Safe to say, in my humble opinion, without the academy we wouldn't have a club to support.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XIkXYjSj9gU

Extended highlights for your enjoyment.
    Was CBR offside for his winner?
    Though I think Longy was onside for his first disallowed goal.
    We march on, be nice to get revenge next weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by RedandWhiteSpartan View Post
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=XIkXYjSj9gU

Extended highlights for your enjoyment.
    Was CBR offside for his winner?
    Though I think Longy was onside for his first disallowed goal.
    We march on, be nice to get revenge next weekend!
    Cheers for link ...

CBR's back-heel - well worth a look (from behind the goal) ...

https://twitter.com/crewealexfc/stat...7Ctwgr%5Etweet

Thanks Frogpole, that's a great view of CBRs goal. I see Connor Evans shot hit one of the defenders ( in a painful spot judging by his reaction!) before going to CBR.

Quote Originally Posted by RedandWhiteSpartan View Post
    Thanks Frogpole, that's a great view of CBRs goal. I see Connor Evans shot hit one of the defenders ( in a painful spot judging by his reaction!) before going to CBR.
    The falling over/swan dive played CBR onside?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast