+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Alloa

Quote Originally Posted by jardi View Post
    Previously, Marvin has talked about bringing fresh legs in during the transfer window, so what has changed?
    We're not asking for an entire team of new players, but surely a replacement for Mimnaugh is a must? It's not Marvin ' s fault that his creative midfielder was crocked for the season.
    As for up front, -I'm fully aware that every club in the world is looking for a goalscorer, but if I've mentioned it once, I've done so a hundred times, this present Queens squad, need a big, strong lad who can hold the ball up and lay it off for all our five foot sixers. ........that's completely different to asking for a goal scorer, but it potentially gets you the same result.
    Surely the manager and the BOD can see what we are lacking, because one things for sure, the hardcore 1000 fans can see it as clear as day, and we can't all be wrong......can we?
    Big Docherty?

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    Big Docherty?
    What's big about him?? ....

Marvin will need to adapt his squad to suit, if no new players are forthcoming.
    Perhaps he could try McKay in the forward holding role?

Marvin will need to adapt his squad to suit if no new players are forthcoming. Perhaps he could play McKay in the forward holding role?

I wouldn't think so, he gets bullied in defence.

The managers given up. Clearly no idea what happens in the changing room before and after matches as well as half time but he is absolutely statuesque on the touchline during games as opposed to opposition coaches who coach and cajole their players through games

Got to agree with Threefivetwo that McKay is definitely not the answer. I think there could be mileage in using Docherty as a target man as long as we play it on the ground to him. I think he holds the ball well and brings others into play. He is a far better option than Hutchison who I think has been a complete disaster any time he has featured.

Happy to accept ideas. .....but the manager must try some new tactics too.....After all he and the players are full time......well at least 2 hours a day!

The Marvin Bartley experience has failed. I was really hoping from a lot more from him but his signings have been a disaster and he’s not a very liked man in the changing room & training pitch.

I fear we’re now about to go part time next season with maybe a few full time players who’re already under contract until 2025.

The form goes all the way back to the poor signings and with January more than half over no new players in the door yet. Surely there are better forwards out there somewhere than Jake the Peg, Hutchy and the Doc.

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    The Marvin Bartley experience has failed. I was really hoping from a lot more from him but his signings have been a disaster and he’s not a very liked man in the changing room & training pitch.

I fear we’re now about to go part time next season with maybe a few full time players who’re already under contract until 2025.
    Totally agree loreburn. It has failed and most of his signings have been poor at best. If rumours are to be believed he isn’t a great man manager with the players but he is good in front of a camera.

In terms of part time though, I don’t think that would be a disaster in the slightest. We are losing out on so much talent at this level due to a lot of players wishing to only be part time, however a model on the basis of cove or airdrie would be far better.

As for the state of the rest, I can see us rapidly heading back to the bad old days if things don’t change throughout the club. We have a board that is totally silent, a management team which we have discussed and a squad of players nowhere near good enough. I read on a fb entry that even the menu in the pie stalls, which is the only appealing thing at the ground, hasn’t changed in 40 odd years. It’s seriously worrying times and nobody within the club is showing absolutely no respect for the fans and letting us know what is happening. Even promoting the good community work is poor and the state of the ground is a complete disgrace. As a result fans have walked away and still we hear nothing.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)