+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VAR strikes again

What seems apparent to me from the audio, is that the process is not concerned with arriving at a correct decision, it appears more concerned with confirming that the on field decision was correct, covering their mate's back you could call it. The Assistant VAR isn't happy with the decision and chirps up in the background, he is totally ignored and the goal stands. The saddest part for me is right at the beginning, when Mr. Harrington is walking back to the halfway line, and he asks his mates if he's being followed. FFS man, you're the referee, you're in charge of the game, you're in charge of the players, if you think the players might want to talk to you, as obviously they will, turn round and face them you fecking wimp, don't be scurrying away from the scene like it's got nothing to do with you.

The standard of refereeing in the PL is appalling and getting worse, Michael Oliver is the only one remotely competent, the rest aren't fit to run the proverbial whelk stall.
    Last edited by sinkov; 20-01-2024 at 09:49 AM.

To add insult to injury, he also booked Trafford as a redult of this incident.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    To add insult to injury, he also booked Trafford as a redult of this incident.
    I didn't know that Sub, any idea what he was booked for, protesting or allowing himself to be obstructed ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I didn't know that Sub, any idea what he was booked for, protesting or allowing himself to be obstructed ?
    I think that it would be for protesting ---because I certainly would have! As far as I know, IFAB have not yet deemed it a cautionable offence to be obstructed, perhaps this could be a consideration in the next batch of stupid Law changes, nothing surprises me these days.

I notice that your game is off today as is our game at Pontefract which Ken and I were going to watch. Never mind, the local Indian will get our money instead.

I think that it would be for protesting ---because I certainly would have! As far as I know, IFAB have not yet deemed it a cautionable offence to be obstructed, perhaps this could be a consideration in the next batch of stupid Law changes, nothing surprises me these days.

I notice that your game is off today as is our game at Pontefract which Ken and I were going to watch. Never mind, the local Indian will get our money instead.
    Is he rich this Indian of whom you speak mein freund?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Is he rich this Indian of whom you speak mein freund?
    Not at all, he is just a lovely bloke who runs a restaurant with excellent food and has done for 30 years but is now thinking of retiring which will be a shame.

Not at all, he is just a lovely bloke who runs a restaurant with excellent food and has done for 30 years but is now thinking of retiring which will be a shame.
    We have one near us too mein freund, it's restaurant quality food delivered directly to your door. Lovely people too!

Quote Originally Posted by outwoodclaret View Post
    At the moment I have just left St Maarten on board the Arvia. Arrive Antigua tomorrow morning. Even from 3000 miles away that was a foul on Trafford! Has any date been set for a meet up in Manchester?
    I was in Freeport in the Bahamas and it was a foul......

Quote Originally Posted by Claret_Matelot View Post
    I was in Freeport in the Bahamas and it was a foul......
    Managed to get ashore on Martinique CM and visit the Diamond Rock which I first read about 40 years ago and have been wanting to visit ever since.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)