+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Trafford cannot command his box.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    James Trafford 4th in high claims in the PL with 24 and is only behind Sa (Wolves) 35, Martinez (Villa) 26 and Turner (Nottm Forest) 25.
    2nd in saves with 85 behind Sheffield United and Luton are in 3rd ---definitely a connection there!
    1st in clearances with 29.

I would say that, going off those stats, the problem is not with James Trafford it is with an underperforming team.
    The real problem is mein freund 18 months before their contracts expired Garlick & Co did not do enough to keep Mee & Tarkowski.

Young Jimmy behind those two would have no problem whatsoever in dealing with crosses.

He could stay on his line like Pope did and let his centre backs deal with "incomings".

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    The real problem is mein freund 18 months before their contracts expired Garlick & Co did not do enough to keep Mee & Tarkowski.

Young Jimmy behind those two would have no problem whatsoever in dealing with crosses.

He could stay on his line like Pope did and let his centre backs deal with "incomings".
    I don’t think Mee or Tarky were ever staying contract or not

Everyone wants to blame someone and it’s Trafford for most of you though I can’t see it myself - been saying for weeks he’s not the issue we have a weaker midfield than required at this level - not enough heading presence and or physicality and full backs who are often left un protected - if you add to that a right back who is irrational in his decision making flying in thinking he can get to balls and he can’t- and also playing loose passes.

It comes back to we need a experienced centre back that can play at this level and meets everything he has to and a midfield enforcer in the mould of Gibbs white at Forest - he can play a bit but is physical athletic and most of all competitive.

I would have said a forward as well but I feel our forwards are currently doing a lot of work for other people in our last third and if they could get up front and get the service required may surprise a few ( new boy accepted as we don’t know what he’s like yet other than you tube snippets ).

I still believe we are not a million miles away from being able to hold our own at this level but it’s all uphill from here and we may have left ourselves too much to do.

I wish the lad nothing but the best during his time with us. Enough said for me on this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I wish the lad nothing but the best during his time with us. Enough said for me on this topic.
    I get dizzy trying to follow your contortions mon ami, half an hour ago you wanted him dropping.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)