+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trafford cannot command his box.

Trafford cannot command his box.

That mistake-together with others will cost us our place in the PL.To pay so much money for a keeper that has no presence in his box is almost a crime but to play him against a physical side like Luton was suicidal.Muric would have taken that cross or he would have stayed on his goal line and easily saved that header.
    Another 2 points thrown away.We really did not deserve anything other than a draw from the game as we were hapless in all areas.

Trafford was fouled. End of.

Given the possession we allowed luton you'd have thought they were the home team. Once Oderbert went off we had no real threat and I agree, we could have won that with Muric as Luton didn't really threaten so the saves were well within his capabilities. But the bottom line is VAR being a clear and obvious cock up.

Just seen the replay on TV of the Luton goal

1. What was Trafford doing even coming for the ball?

2. It was never a foul as Trafford ran into the Luton player

Trafford is only a kid and really showed his inexperience on this occasion. He played well overall but was to blame for the goal

trafford is a load of rubbish.he needs to make room for muric

Quote Originally Posted by johnj69 View Post
    trafford is a load of rubbish.he needs to make room for muric
    Dracula & young Jimmy have one thing in common, they both hate crosses.

Adebayo knew exactly what he was doing when he fouled Trafford but he would not have got away with that foul against Muric.

Aro would have cleaned him right out.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Adebayo knew exactly what he was doing when he fouled Trafford but he would not have got away with that foul against Muric.
    I doubt he would have got away with it against any of the top 6 teams in the prem.

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    I doubt he would have got away with it against any of the top 6 teams in the prem.
    VK said as much post-match k_c.

I failed to see how VAR did not correct a clear and obvious error.

I must have been watching a different game, I thought Trafford was excellent, rarely troubled, caught every centre he was entitled to catch, and but for the blatant foul and usual VAR pantomime would have kept a clean sheet.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I must have been watching a different game, I thought Trafford was excellent, rarely troubled, caught every centre he was entitled to catch, and but for the blatant foul and usual VAR pantomime would have kept a clean sheet.
    Like SD used to say mon ami, it's that one moment, that one opportunity and Luton capitalised on Trafford's major weakness.

But how the officiating team allowed the goal to stand is beyond me.

It is clear and obvious to me the EPL/PGMOL alliance think we do not belong in the EPL.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)