+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Team going backwards

Team going backwards

Earlier in the season we beat Luton at their ground.Fast forward and we could only draw with them at Turf Moor.For all VK`s insistence that they are working hard every day and are getting better-I for one could not see that last night.Same mistakes in defence,same loose passes all over the park,same mistimed final balls going forward,same wayward attempts at shooting,same mistake by Trafford and same result when one on one with the keeper(JBG).
    Same dross with throw ins and corners/set pieces.Same inexplainable substitutions by VK which leasd to the equaliser.
    If I was Fofano and watched that from the stands, or any other potential target, I would be giving BFC I wide berth because the writing is on the wall.

Fofano will get game time, that's why Chelsea are loaning him to us.

Using VK's usual, Eyes Closed Pin method on the Squad Sheet, way of team selection,
    he could end up in goal.....

How much of our 100m started last night?
    We are very much going backwards.
    We started the season with inferior players, we where told they would evolve into Premiership players with game time...😄
    Maybe the last game of the season huh?

In their previous five PL games Luton had faced Arsenal, City, Newcastle, Sheffield United and Chelsea and scored 10 goals, so they're not exactly goal shy, even against the top teams. Nevertheless, our team of spineless w@nkers who can't defend, with a clueless coach and pub team goalkeeper kept them out quite comfortably for 95 minutes, and this without Berge, Taylor and Beyer. This hardly seems like a team going backwards to me.

Just saying like.

A Chelsea reject ran us ragged single-handedly, how we will fare in the Championship next season is anybody's guess.

I predict a straight back up scenario but who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    A Chelsea reject ran us ragged single-handedly, how we will fare in the Championship next season is anybody's guess.

I predict a straight back up scenario but who knows?
    Don't forget the 5 year plan. What's supposed to happen in year 5 though, do we win the Prem or have we sold all our players or both?

Quote Originally Posted by kritichris View Post
    Don't forget the 5 year plan. What's supposed to happen in year 5 though, do we win the Prem or have we sold all our players or both?
    The 5 year plan is for Mr Pace and his chums to walk away with a shedload of money, where that will leave BFC is anyone's guess.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    The 5 year plan is for Mr Pace and his chums to walk away with a shedload of money, where that will leave BFC is anyone's guess.
    When or if ALK do pack up and leave I'm pretty sure Burnley Football Club will be in a better position than when they came.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    In their previous five PL games Luton had faced Arsenal, City, Newcastle, Sheffield United and Chelsea and scored 10 goals, so they're not exactly goal shy, even against the top teams. Nevertheless, our team of spineless w@nkers who can't defend, with a clueless coach and pub team goalkeeper kept them out quite comfortably for 95 minutes, and this without Berge, Taylor and Beyer. This hardly seems like a team going backwards to me.

Just saying like.
    Ok Sinkov, admittedly our defence has improved but apart from that?
    We will see just how much our defence has improved at the Etihad.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)