+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast

Thread: ⚽Match thread v Grimsby Town 13.01.24 [EFL L2]

Yep think you’re right. Onwards to the next match COYP

Quote Originally Posted by irishpete View Post
    2 dropped in the end. When you take the lead in the 92nd minute, should be all heads on the block defending not 3 men standing off the one with the ball & a player near him unmarked
    Yep

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    Stall: That's been Notts all season but it's magnified itself. Like watching a kids game at times.
    I think that’s a bit of an insult to any kids games I’ve seen !
    I truly believe that is the most amateurish game of professional football I’ve ever watched.
    Jodi Jones definitely and maybe Didzy, Nemane and Crowley 2nd half are the only ones to come out of that with any credit. Bostock gave the ball away so many times I lost count.
    Sooner a manager and some decent defenders come in the better.

We've ended the sequence of away defeats, but Grimsby's run of scoring crucial late goals against us continues.

Well at least the 'Late Goals' in games against Grimsby was maintained !

Good character to come back into it after a shoddy start where the players looked a bit stunned.

At the end of the day we've got a point away from home but we've shipped another 5 to a team near the bottom. Colchester, Sutton and now Grimsby have all done it. Is that a first?

Away form is a huge concern. I know someone mentioned earlier about teams having games in hand just below us. Every team from 4th to 10th has to come to ML where we are much stronger.
    At 2-0 I’d have snapped your hand off for a draw, especially with how poor we were. However, to go in front with a few minutes left, it’s 2 dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    What must coaches who are looking to come to Notts and take the job be thinking?
    They will know (will have know already) that we are a force going forward with a very poor defensive unit (midfield defence and the backline). The only positive from what was an absolute comedy of errors was that we never gave up, and that is a massive positive. Sort the defence (across the whole team) and we will be a force to be reckoned with.

We are 6th in the table and I'm happy with that!

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    Well I'd take a 4-4 over a boring 0-0 every day of the week
    Loved that game, football should be like that all the time.
    When people talk about stress, they have to be joking right? It's a game of football

0-0, and are fans calling for wholesale changes up front? Changes in formation? No, so I have got no time for anyone getting hysterical for the same result, only 10 more goals and far more entertainment.

Having said all that, the decision not to strengthen our right-sided defence has been so costly over the first 27 games

Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 142223242526 ... LastLast