+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Player ratings v Grimsby

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Thoughts on the ref?
    I thought he was terrible. Some really bad errors (for both sides) and he let some definite fouls on us go, especially in the second half.
    I was ranting about him in the match thread. Seemed to let them get away with a lot, and then randomly booked Notts players for less. 10 fouls their side to 9 ours, but 3 yellows for us and 1 for them did not reflect the game at all.

I felt he was giving them everything, from the start. Subconsciously, the very sad loss of the youth player probably got to him. One example was when their player disputed a decision in the second half and threw the ball away. No booking. Jones did exactly the same thing some five minutes later and got booked. There was also a clear foul leading up to one of their goals, which he didn't give.

... what a good couple of balanced, thoughtful interviews by Jimbo and Jonesy. Professional, realistic comments. Heads down and carry on. Refreshing after some of the hysterics on here. COYP's

Quote Originally Posted by legs77 View Post
    Not understanding bad score for Stone he had zero chance with any of the goals.

He also made a good stop at 2-0 that goes in we get a hammering.

Wasnt happy we took Nemane off he was a threat all second half and it puts to bed the rubbish of TAR being better than him he isnt.
    This regarding Stone. He did an excellent save at 2 nil and the Grimsby goals he couldn't do much about, most were very good finishes.

I felt Robertson was abit lost but 2 nil down after 10 minutes and not being used to it like everyone else, he probably thought what the hell is going on ha ha.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Low scores for the new fella. No good?
    I think it's always been the case that you can't judge a player on one game, but particularly when you're trying to integrate them into the current version of Notts County. It takes time to get acquainted with what we do in terms of playing style, and not all players are going to hit the ground running. Chalk yesterday's game up as part of the bedding-in process for Robertson and we'll probably have a better idea what we have (or haven't) got in a few weeks' time.

Thoughts on the ref?
    I thought he was terrible. Some really bad errors (for both sides) and he let some definite fouls on us go, especially in the second half.
    There was one incident that summed that clown up for me... one of our players (langstaff?) Took a shot and their keeper made a pigs ear of it, it was straight in front of goal..Nemane ran over to head it in and looked like he was clearly kicked in the head while doing it, another defender on the line manged to hack it clear... Nemane got up and looked totally shocked as the ref waved it off, on TV it looked a clear penalty... apart from that he gave them absolutely everything, I remember he awarded us a free kick for a drag back in midfield and their commentary team laughed and said he has finally given something to Notts...awful ref

Thoughts on the ref?
    He was awful. Lots of Grimsby fans online saying how great he was, which is usually indicative of something not right.

Having been a ref for 17 years , I thought Mr. Hicks was doing OK for the first 30 minutes and was absolutely dire for the next 80 plus minutes. In the process contributing to two Grimsby goals by ignoring blatant fouls and missing the Nemane penalty incident.
    Not great for a county FA development officer. !
    With regards to player ratings , I think that criticism of Scott Robertson was rather unjust and Stone despite being beaten 5 times ,saved 3 certain goals.
    The fifth Grimsby goal was something special finding the only possible space to score.
    Grimsby certainly knew how to play against a back 3 with quick , pacy , wide player receiving early crossfield passes and Rose being very energetic.
    Definitely a game where skillful attacking players held the upper hand.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123