+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DABs the most undesirable club.

DABs the most undesirable club.

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/news...ndesirable-qi/

And here's me thinking they were World Famous not World Infamous. And the have the f'in cheek to call us the fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodbroon View Post

And here's me thinking they were World Famous not World Infamous. And the have the f'in cheek to call us the fun!
    Quality.

Quote Originally Posted by Dodbroon View Post

Hilarious and all the more funny due to them actually believing that they are world famous. Roasters, the lot of them.

But but Barcelona in the 80s

Quote Originally Posted by ABERFELDYDEE View Post
    But but Barcelona in the 80s
    But we thrashed the pre tournament favourites for the 1962/63 European Cup, Cologne who had a fair proportion of the German national side in their ranks. Followed by the seeing off of Anderlecht and Sporting. Never then or since have I heard a Dundee fan call us world famous. Then our lot are not near as deluded as the average DAB fan.

Dabs

Dressy uppy ****wits of Scottish football.

Currently ****ing about with Morton, ICT and Arbroath.

And 13 million in debt.

God bless them ♥️

Quote Originally Posted by troodee1893 View Post
    But we thrashed the pre tournament favourites for the 1962/63 European Cup, Cologne who had a fair proportion of the German national side in their ranks. Followed by the seeing off of Anderlecht and Sporting. Never then or since have I heard a Dundee fan call us world famous. Then our lot are not near as deluded as the average DAB fan.

If Dundee were decent that year where does that put United as they finished above Dundee in the league that season ??? Mind you so did another 8 teams. Good to see your famous team finished 9th.

Quote Originally Posted by arabesque View Post
    If Dundee were decent that year where does that put United as they finished above Dundee in the league that season ??? Mind you so did another 8 teams. Good to see your famous team finished 9th.
    I suggest that you read the history books where you see that the winter of 1962-63 was the second worst winter of the 20th century after the winter of 1947.
    Football matches were postponed for weeks which coupled with their European matches caused a backlog of fixtures which were played towards the end of the season.
    I suggest that your team the Dabs concentrates on Cup football this season.
    Oh dear you can’t because you were defeated by League 1 teams Falkirk and QOS in the respective diddy cup and Scottish Cup.

Quote Originally Posted by islaydarkblue View Post
    I suggest that you read the history books where you see that the winter of 1962-63 was the second worst winter of the 20th century after the winter of 1947.
    Football matches were postponed for weeks which coupled with their European matches caused a backlog of fixtures which were played towards the end of the season.
    I suggest that your team the Dabs concentrates on Cup football this season.
    Oh dear you can’t because you were defeated by League 1 teams Falkirk and QOS in the respective diddy cup and Scottish Cup.

Was it only Dundee games postponed???

United 7 points better off than Dundee's best ever side. I've seen some well considered posts from you but that rebuke is some deflection.

Quote Originally Posted by arabesque View Post
    Was it only Dundee games postponed???

United 7 points better off than Dundee's best ever side. I've seen some well considered posts from you but that rebuke is some deflection.
    No but we had the small matter of the quarter and semi finals of the European Cup to shoehorn into a ridiculously full schedule playing three times a week. I think the point the poster who brought it up was making was that that side was lauded by the media at the time e.g. the respected writer, broadcaster and football historian Bob Crampsey who described the Dundee team of their title winning season and their European exploits the following season as the finest side he witnessed in Scottish football. Despite this fulsome praise and the excitement and good feeling the support had for their team at the time they never resorted to the hyperbole that afflicted the United support with their world famous nonsense.I

However back to the OP and Dundee United and by association their support being synonyms for Idiots/Idiotic. Folk might wonder where it all came from then along comes a DAB (substitute daft for dirty if you want) like Arabesque to prove the rule.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)