+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Why do we keep loosing in extra time

Why do we keep loosing in extra time

I know we have no beach but we did have some very experienced defenders how about taking Isak off ( who was completely out on his feet. ) and putting a defender on we keep conceding in extra time

Cos if we'd done that then someone would of said we were inviting pressure and then looks what happened they scored.

I do get what you're saying though.

It's gut wrenching that it keeps happening and you have to feel for the lads and Eddie.

Aye, it's canny frustrating, like.

Mixture of nowt left in the tank and game management.

I think today is slightly different in that they're the best club side in the world.

Hey ho.

This season has gone from something that could of possible should of been very special to an absolute sickener. Don't think I've ever known us throw so many games away the way we have this season.. You can obviously blame the injuries and lack of options off the bench but for me 2-1 up at home with 17 mins left we shouldnt be loosing. At that point Isak was a spare man and should of been subbed off for a defender. Yet another big effort for F all.

Same old injury time loss, you could feel it coming. AARRGGGH !!!

It’s simple…

Were unable to actually keep the f**king ball

The players and the coaching are both responsible, even tired legs aren’t an excuse as we do it so often early in games as well as late.

Today… okay… Man City have class players throughout then brought on KDB.

But we did the extract same against Liverpool… with a little bit of possession… but still backs to the wall most of the game.

Then again… they do have a great squad, and are massively in form, and can bring on subs to change a game.

But then…

Chelsea, Luton and Forest even.

No excuse for those.

There’s something wrong, and it is in our midfield that cannot pick up the ball and carry it forward and create a spell where we take pressure off, and force teams to drop back.

Our goals come on the break, there’s not a lengthy build of play at all.. 1 or 2 touches from defence to goal scorer.

That’s what it looks like to me anyway

I feel it has to be said
    Why have we so many players out sick
    Is it because our medical staff are ****
    We have had to play players that are injured so making them worse
    Some of our players should get of there sick beds and get back to work
    If you get a years ban should you be paid or would that money be better used or given to the Newcastle food bank
    Look at Barns he has a bad little toe should he be off for months surely if he had broken it would it only take a few weeks to recover why is he still out
    Why have we had two weeks of the transfer window and no new players

Maybe we should start a hospital watch thread naming the injured, their injuries and expected return. I've seriously lost track of them all. Pure carnage.

Because our midfield is shoite.

Longstaff and Miley cant put in pressure like Joelinton and Tonali. They can run but thats it.

Not optimal for young Miley, playing week in and week out. Hopefully hes learning, and not burning out.

Our midfield isn't shite but, with rhe players we have missing, it is suffering and below par.

We faced two of the world's best midfielders in de Bruyne and Rodri with a 17 year old and Sean Longstaff and were within minutes of taking a point off them.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)