+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Next two weeks will show us what ambition this club has.

Quote Originally Posted by gru View Post
    Missed the boat there.
    Shame because there were plenty of spare seats on it.

At the begining of this season lots of familiar names on here were predicting a mid-table finish....do these "experts" still expect this?

To compound their stupid statements, the August transfer window was still open at the time when the "bigger" clubs could sign who they wanted.........

........................UTM

I know quite a few ex-fans that quit watching the club in the mid- sixties when we sold a full forward line of a very promising team. Most seemed to become Leeds followers.Many have never been back. It brought on the slump into the lower leagues in the seventies.
    Since then the 'playing field' has become more uneven, making it virtually impossible for clubs of our size to progress. While very frustrating for us fans, I guess it's now all part of the game. If the people that began coming after our initial success can't see that, maybe it's better they find something else to do on match day.

Quote Originally Posted by Jocksgloves1 View Post
    I know quite a few ex-fans that quit watching the club in the mid- sixties when we sold a full forward line of a very promising team. Most seemed to become Leeds followers.Many have never been back. It brought on the slump into the lower leagues in the seventies.
    Since then the 'playing field' has become more uneven, making it virtually impossible for clubs of our size to progress. While very frustrating for us fans, I guess it's now all part of the game. If the people that began coming after our initial success can't see that, maybe it's better they find something else to do on match day.
    Whilst there is the obvious partisan element to football you've also got to factor in the entertainment element of going to football matches.

Basically it's not there and at times could be dire in the successful periods of Warne's reign

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    A player we were once interested in 29 year old Cole Stockton, goes on loan to
    Barrow FC, from Burton Albion, with Stockton not getting much game time.

Could he have been worth a cheap loan punt, at least he knew where the back
    of the net was.

Morcambe - last spell 52 goals in 153 games - over 3 spells 59 goals in 179 games

Burton Albion - no goals in 8 games
    Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Probably not. We've got enough strikers who have lost their way 
    Quote Originally Posted by MillersJ81 View Post
    Can remember a lot of supporters kicking and screaming when he didn’t sign for us . Another bullet dodged 藍
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Likewise,some were wanting us to pay the asking price of £800,000 for him in the JTW last season..it”s easy to spend someone else’s money..!..
    Quote Originally Posted by MillersJ81 View Post
    Yep agree .
    Personally I would have given it a punt, a cheap 6 month loan deal, we don't know where the
    next goal is coming from, with our forward line.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    Personally I would have given it a punt, a cheap 6 month loan deal, we don't know where the
    next goal is coming from, with our forward line.
    Bit harsh on our forwards. Maybe if we sign players what can create chances on a regular basis then those stats may change .

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    At the begining of this season lots of familiar names on here were predicting a mid-table finish....do these "experts" still expect this?

To compound their stupid statements, the August transfer window was still open at the time when the "bigger" clubs could sign who they wanted.........

........................UTM
    I was one of those familiar name Avondale thought a bit harsh calling me stupid

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    ......oh I don't know 🤪

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Ok then Cayton, a bit over the top?..........now you know where i sit................
    Last edited by avondalemiller; 18-01-2024 at 04:21 PM.

I'm closing in on my target😜
    Was it you sat next to Ann wearing the grey millers hat at the stoke game?

Page 16 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast